Hamilton. Unsportsmanlike ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
    t's an american derived term with a very racist background, it has no different meaning in the UK.
    Absolute nonsense.

Comment

Wow he's quit!!? Wasn't expecting that !

Comment

He probably wasn't looking forward to another stressful year working alongside Hamilton!
        91 Modded 3B
        14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Now we see why Mercedes were killing themselves to make sure he won and not Hamilton...

Suddenly everything is clear........
          Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
          S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
          '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Originally posted by sidrick View Post
            Absolute nonsense.
            The phrase in Yorkshire means the same i.e. it is what it is, but the word itself is racist so you have to be careful where you use it! Situations such as this not being the best place.
            Last edited by AndyP; 2 December 2016, 17:37.
            sigpic
            1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
            1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
            1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Originally posted by AndyP View Post
              In phrase in Yorkshire means the same i.e. it is what it is, but the word itself is racist so you have to be careful where you use it! Situations such as this not being the best place.
              So despite agreeing on what it means, we can use it but not when discussing a black man? The irony there is huge.

I won't derail the topic any further but will say I feel very sorry for anyone who links the word or the phrase to racism or read my post and thought it was some kind of racist dig. They must have had a very different upbringing than I did.

Comment

No you weren't being rascist at all Sidrick- and it's a perfectly normal expression in everyday life- afraid my (non rascist but slightly twisted) sense of humour has burdened you with unfair aspersions. My bad Anyway back to the main topic.......

Comment

Originally posted by mackenzie50 View Post
                  No you weren't being rascist at all Sidrick- and it's a perfectly normal expression in everyday life- afraid my (non rascist but slightly twisted) sense of humour has burdened you with unfair aspersions. My bad Anyway back to the main topic.......
                  Sorry Mac, quoted you but it was just a general comment I was making

Comment

They made a big deal about Nico signing a new contract for next year so I'm surprised by that. I can see his point leaving on a high, maybe better than waiting till you're frustrated and sick of racing like button has.

I wonder if button would make a u-turn if Mercedes offered him the seat.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Comment

Back on topic.......I've never quite seen the attraction to following F1....I think because it's so far removed from driving a normal car on a normal road.
                      I like rallying, ......and if it's cars on track I like to see a bit of "rubbing"!

Comment

Who takes, or is offered his seat will probably be more exciting than some of the races from 2016. Will be interesting to see the line up for Mercedes next year.
                        91 Modded 3B
                        14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Most of the big names are already signed for next year so this could be really interesting, unless this wasn't really a secret and they already have somebody waiting in the wings
                          sigpic
                          1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                          1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                          1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Originally posted by AndyP View Post
                            Most of the big names are already signed for next year so this could be really interesting, unless this wasn't really a secret and they already have somebody waiting in the wings
                            Button -"doh " ... Would've fancied that .. But maybe they'd not have fancied him.. Could reverse his decision .. ?

Comment

Now that would be interesting if Button changed his mind a very good driver with a good fast car would certainly give Lewis something to think about!!

Comment

The thought of working with Lewis for another season probably sealed his decision

My first thoughts were wondering if Jensen would be getting a call
                                Maybe he could be tempted to stay with a competitive car?
                                TBH though I think Mercedes would want a young German driver.
                                Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                                Indigo ABY coupé
                                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X