Tyres tyres tyres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
    Time for a new set of tyres and the choice is staggering, don't want conti's again tried P Zero's so now thinking of giving the Dunlop Sport maxx R2 a try any one used em?
    Nothing wrong with those whoflungdung tyres you had on when you came to mine about 3 years ago

Comment

I've just bought some new Michelin PS4S's from Pneus, they were cheaper than Oponeo.
      Only those two companies had any........

Comment

Originally posted by HPsauce View Post
        I've just bought some new Michelin PS4S's from Pneus, they were cheaper than Oponeo.
        Only those two companies had any........
        Just checked them out and it was 52p cheaper than Camskill delivered for the F1 Asymmetric 2's i mentioned earlier. Nice site!
        96 URS6 plus speck saloon
        96 URS6 plus speck estate
        94 2.6 80 Avant
        99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Originally posted by spink View Post
          Nothing wrong with those whoflungdung tyres you had on when you came to mine about 3 years ago
          Glad you kept her out of the hedge james

Comment

Riken are decent for the money,owned by pirelli I think

Comment

The other little bonus from Pneus is that they have a loyalty scheme (points mean money) AND also give you occasional discounts that don't evaporate quickly.
              The loyalty scheme works out (eventually!) to about a 3% discount but you need to reach fairly high thresholds to redeem anything (spend £1500 for starters).

The 2 tyres I bought (I need 4 but read on...) triggered a £50 credit via the loyalty scheme due to how much I've spent with them in recent years!
              I also have a 2.5% discount code acquired a while back, all recorded on my account.

So when the £50 works its way onto my account (takes a few days) I'll order my other two summer tyres, will have 2.5% discounted off the price and then find I'm already £50 in credit as well. So 2 tyres at about £200 each (well just under) will actually cost about £340 as opposed to £400. (And I'll have a notional £6 added to my loyalty account as well)

Comment

My head hurts now, but thanks for the info all the same

Comment

Tell you what Rikki I'll be fitting another set of of Uniroyal Rain Sport III's to my 2.8 C4 once the winter tyre's come off...

Okay they may not be rated up their with the like's of Continental, Dunlop and Goodyear etc but you will not find better value for money. By a mile!!!!

The set I had on my Coupe last year took all I could chuck at them including four wheel drifts and sustained 100+ MPH abuse for well over 20 miles last year approaching Ullapool, I totally fried my brakes before the tyres......

Okay I took 3/4 mm of them over my 1800 mile highland excursion but most of that was in a moment of madness...but I still got 10K out them over the year.

You'll not find better value IMO.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-NEW-225...8AAOSwgY9XfhOg
                  Last edited by K Simmonds; 3 February 2017, 20:44.
                  1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                  1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                  1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                  1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Looks like an absolute bargain fella I'll keep them in mind for sure

Comment

I've just had my Rainsport 3's fitted so give me a few days to rebuild the rear suspension and I'll let you know how they work for me on my URS6

Comment

Michelin Pilot Super Sports are excellent, my favourite so far.

Also really liked the Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Pole Position when I had them. Would consider the S04 Pole Position as well.

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk
                        Find me on Instagram @pry4sno
                        2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// #farmenwagen
                        2002 Dodge Ram 2500 24v Cummins 4x4
                        1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
                        1990 Cq /// Project: Because Racecar

Comment

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article...3-Launched.htm
                          Reckon I'm sold on these ones guys, absolute bargain and no doubt they will be tested nicely in the UK rain wise

Comment

I'm looking at trying some P Zero Trofeo R's this year.

Long story but hopefully got 4 turning up mid year...

Should be pretty grippy... at least in the dry...
                            Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
                            S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
                            '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

They look like they'll be a laugh in the wet

Comment

They look nice! Look a little like the bridgestone re070 i have on my car now with the slick profile on the outside and normal profile on the inside.
                                Attached Files
                                1360kg/600Whp Avant 0-200km/h 9sec

Comment

Working...
                                X