Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article...3-Launched.htm
    Reckon I'm sold on these ones guys, absolute bargain and no doubt they will be tested nicely in the UK rain wise
    You'll not be disappointed, I was a amazed by the the set I had on my S2, what size are your fitting mate?
    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Well I've got 17x7j Porsche cups on so should be 225/45/17 but was toying with the idea of trying to squeeze 235's on them, what ya reckon. I ran 245's for ages with no ill effect but handling feels better on 225 for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
        Well I've got 17x7j Porsche cups on so should be 225/45/17 but was toying with the idea of trying to squeeze 235's on them, what ya reckon. I ran 245's for ages with no ill effect but handling feels better on 225 for sure
        225/45/17 is the closest radial size to the original.
        You have to be careful with new tyres as they make them quieter and side wall is so flimsy.
        By going 235 you can get extra load tyre and this increases from 94 in 225 width tyre to 97 in 235 tyre so the side wall should be thicker.
        I had bad experience with some new tyres and my S2 sits on V1's.
        sigpic_________
        Rob

Comment

Nankang ns-2r
          Been out in a friends m3 with these and they seemed to shove really really well even in cold damp weather. No easy task on that car. Truly intrigued to try a set on awd.
          I'll be fitting a set of these if I ever wear out my current t1r's
          Volcano ABY coupe

Ant

Comment

I had nankang ns2 on my urs6 and they were truly awful however they were very old and hard so could have been the issue.
            Now had a few days driving on my new rainsport 3's and so far I'm very impressed, good grip wet and Dry, and fairly quite too, will do a few more miles and see how they go

Comment

How's the tyres working out Dan any good

Comment

Really really impressed with them so far, supper grippy in the dry and really impressive in the wet, not too noises and for the price definitely worth a shot, haven't yet had them do anything scary taken the car upto 135mph on them and chucked it round many corners

Comment

So finally sorted some Rainsport 3's out popped down for fitting and one of the ally nuts has snapped at the base so now trying to chissel it off
                  Nightmare, ment to be driving up north at 5pm

Comment

Oil cooler developed a crack so not going anywhere just yet
                    Anyone know a good alloy wheel repair place

Comment

I've used Alloy Weldcraft in High Wycombe, bit of a drive but not a million miles from Enfield: http://alloyweldcraft.co.uk/

Comment

Cheers bud I'll give em a try, gotta be cheaper than trying to find a Porsche cup RS2 alloy

Comment

OK peeps had the rainsports on for a month and they are great £75 each fitted, sticky n soft grip like mad fairly quite, happy days

Comment

Working...
                          X