MOT Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOT Time

Just driven the alpinweiss for the first time in 2 months, after taking the prop out at the same time as fixing up the new house... Had to be sensible as the MOT cat is on but still great to be back out in ze beast.

Anyway, 45 mins and 3 advisories for minor things later, she's set for another year

Next step is to change some ballpoints and get the alignment redone, in time for ADI

Had the old girl 13 years now and she's nearly 23 years old but she's more fun now than ever before
    Last edited by Rusty; 29 June 2017, 12:48.
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
    Just driven the alpinweiss for the first time in 2 months, after taking the prop out at the same time as fixing up the new house... Had to be sensible as the MOT cat is on but still great to be back out in ze beast.

Anyway, 45 mins and 3 advisories for minor things later, she's set for another year

Next step is to change some ballpoints and get the alignment redone, in time for ADI

Had the old girl 13 years now and she's nearly 23 years old but she's more fun now than ever before
    Well done!

We are in sync with our S2's then, I have had mine 13 years and it is 23 years old. And yes, mine feels like it is running as good as ever.

The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

mine is due in a week or two...already getting as nervous as an expectant father
      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Nice one...

Now mine's Belgian registered.... no more MOTs
        Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
        S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
        '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Mine is done and yes it's 13 years!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
          sigpic

Comment

17yrs for me on 1st July and MY1992 so 25yrs this year on 4th Sept
            sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

17 and 26 years here

Comment

Good result. Ive goto get the alignment done after freeing everything up. I think ive had mine a similar length of time now too and now 24 years old.

Getting tax tomorrow so will start to get some use again
                Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

16 and 24 love her at the minute but that can change like the weather

Comment

Only had mine 12 years... feel like a bit of a noob in this company
                    Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
                    S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
                    '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Road 'cat' back on now and been for a little run. Funny how you forget what 360bhp and a straight through exhaust can feel like
                      Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Another year, another MOT passed

2 new FEBI TREs, a new OCAP/FIRST LINE ball joint (what a pain now TRW have stopped making them) and an SKF CV boot (old one was brand new and I caught with the side cutters when doing the clip) fitted on Sunday, as well as the 'mot cat' Needs 4 new tyres and the 'road cat' fitting next.

Not been in here much as now 4 cars, a house & garden project, a pregnant wife and too much work have taken my time up somewhat! Hope you and yours are all well.

Still love the car: the performance of the not so new engine and RS2 upgrades; the handling with my bespoke k24r parts, upgrades and geometry and the NOISE from the exhaust valve. The old girl makes fans wherever she goes and is ageing gracefully in the fast lane.

Not sure how much longer I'll keep her (14 years and counting) or when I'll make it to a show or track next but just having such a brutal and rare car brings me a lot of joy every time I think of it, let alone drive it. As I often say, the old girl can be described with a simple phrase, which has been adopted by all I've taken for a run about:

"it's a bit silly"
                        Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Good result Rusty - that is a nice machine - cannot remember how long ago that I saw it. Mine is 25yr old this month and I've had it 17yrs which is kind of amazing. Had two kids, five house moves, six job changes, a mid-life crisis of sorts and a handful more cars acquired along the way - more or less in that order :-)

I really must set myself a sensible target to get my S2 through its next MOT - I only have to rebuild the entire car - how hard can it be
                          Paul Nugent
                          Webmaster http://S2central.net
                          Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                          2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                          2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Surprisingly easy; bet I could pull mine to bits in a day but then it's all been replaced at least once, twice...
                            Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                              Another year, another MOT passed

2 new FEBI TREs, a new OCAP/FIRST LINE ball joint (what a pain now TRW have stopped making them) and an SKF CV boot (old one was brand new and I caught with the side cutters when doing the clip) fitted on Sunday, as well as the 'mot cat' Needs 4 new tyres and the 'road cat' fitting next.

Not been in here much as now 4 cars, a house & garden project, a pregnant wife and too much work have taken my time up somewhat! Hope you and yours are all well.

Still love the car: the performance of the not so new engine and RS2 upgrades; the handling with my bespoke k24r parts, upgrades and geometry and the NOISE from the exhaust valve. The old girl makes fans wherever she goes and is ageing gracefully in the fast lane.

Not sure how much longer I'll keep her (14 years and counting) or when I'll make it to a show or track next but just having such a brutal and rare car brings me a lot of joy every time I think of it, let alone drive it. As I often say, the old girl can be described with a simple phrase, which has been adopted by all I've taken for a run about:

"it's a bit silly"
                              Good to see you back Andy. I think what you're describing is life happens . I wouldn't get rid if you can help it, you will doubtless regret it if you did.
                              Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Working...
                              X