how to spend 15K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to spend 15K

The time for me has come to switch jobs and give up my company car. My next car will be my own and I’m shopping around

I love the RS2 more than anything but my mileage will be way too high for that to make sense.

Budget is 15K€ or 10K£. I’ll be doing around 40,000Km (25K miles) a year (last year i did 65K!) and want a more powerful car than average (150hp min) so I need some room for customization.

I thought maybe of an A3 for about 12K and spend another few grand on getting it pimped out by MTM or ABT or MRC. The car will be a LHD drive since I’m in Belgium

SO – how would you spend 15 grand on an Audi?

audi s8

Comment

Originally posted by stef25
      Budget is 15K€ or 10K£. I’ll be doing around 40,000Km (25K miles) a year (last year i did 65K!) and want a more powerful car than average (150hp min

SO – how would you spend 15 grand on an Audi?
      Buy an S2 Coupe 5K£
      RS2 Spec it 3K£
      brakes 0.5K£

Buy a cheap 80/A4/A6 TDI for the long distance driving 1.5K£

TOTAL = 10K

Cheers n

Si
      95 ABY S2 Coupe - Ragusa Green
      Subtle mods here and there

2011 A5 3.0 TDi - Lava Grey
      With every option available (except a towball)

Comment

s6 or for a frugal but with poke/torque A6 2.5tdi quattro.

You could easily make the RS2 stack, just look for overll condition, not just km's driven, my s2 has done 170,000 miles plus and its still not chewing oil etc and its pretty much rattle/squeak free, not that you could say that about an equivalent Jap-Sh*te model. My mates old GTI-R was a mess at 60,000 miles!!!!!
        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

LOL Good answer.

I'd actually prob go for a Dub and get an Anniversary Edition Mk4 Golf GT TDi.... 150bhp and look very slick
          Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
          2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Originally posted by quattronutter
            audi s8
            like your thinking

Comment

I'll get hammered for this one, but for that money I'd be tempted to get something that was give comfort for all those miles...

I've found, on the odd occasion I get to drive my brother's '01 BMW 530D, it's like sitting in a big comfy leather couch. Amazing how quickly the miles roll by on cruise.. and still gets 40+mpg.

You'll save enough in fuel to buy an S2 and pimp it out something rediculous...
              AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

Ross - Did you just say "Pimp it out"?

If we had a sin bin, that would be 10 minutes... :mischeif:
                The Perfectionist
                sigpic
                Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

im doind 110 miles per day in my s2...

im currently looking at audi 80 TDI estate (for around 1k)

aparently, Direct line, will match ur no clains bonus as a discount onto your "other" policy with them (if that makes sence). so i can be insured on both (please let me know if there is another way)
                    ABY Coupe
                    sigpic

Comment

well comfort is pretty high on my list. i need an oasis of calm to stop me from going nuts sitting in traffic 2 hrs a day

and i need an oasis of power for when they send me off to germany :-)

Comment

Sorry, too much Pimp My Ride on daytime tv atm. Is it just me, or is every car they pimp just shocking. I'd be going own for half a dozen life sentences if anyone ever handed my keys across to Westwood + crew.

My idea of "pimping an S2" for the record, so this can't be held against me:

-Shiney 18" RS4 reps of similar.
                        -Full valet
                        -Brake UG/ front + rear
                        -Only changes to body work, taking out dents/scratches
                        -Subtle lowering
                        -S/S Exhaust
                        -RS2 Conversion or similar
                        -MRC remap
                        -Aero wipers

Hmmm, that closely resembles my current shopping list

I will, however, give myself a bitch-slap for that one. Thanks Steve.

Comment

Double post... wtf?

Comment

Must admit I'm with the S8 vote on here - depends who is paying for fuel - you or the company ? Harder to find and a bit more special is an S6plus... Annoying available for that kinda money on the continent. I love the S6plus.

If you gotta pay the fuel bills, then its gotta be a big diesel - A6 2.5TDI.

Just my tuppence worth - figuring big miles is going to need big comfort. Not that the S2/RS2 is exactly uncomfortable - I love long journeys on mine but I'd hate to torture it everyday with heavy traffic.

Paul
                            Paul Nugent
                            Webmaster http://S2central.net
                            Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                            2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                            2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

im paying the petrol but its tax deductable. dont think it makes sense to not get a diesel even though I hate 'em

is an A6/A4much "fun" though ???

Comment

Working...
                              X