EU discussing ban on 100mph+ capable cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EU discussing ban on 100mph+ capable cars

Full story click here, but essentially the EU Parliament's environment committee are discussing whether to ban production of cars capable of 100mph or more from 2013.

Ck.
    Shocked, exhausted, hosed, bushed, dumped, chipped, mounted, filtered, gauged, packed, intermittantly wiped and braked. I mean broken. Now, about the car...

I think there is also a Swedish politician lobbying for the banning of motorcycles altogether???

As usual, full of "bright" ideas but with precious little thought behind them.

Hey, as long as they are not talking about retrofitting restrictors, I guess we'll be burning off every production car sold?!!

If anyone has started one of those petitions, let us know....
    Martin Cutting

aka Keeper of "The Teutonic Kitten"

It's not better than sex, but it runs it a close second.

Comment

I think `WE` are ok i read it as new cars from 2013
      S2 + RS2 yep ive had a few love em... Laser red S2 avant... Brilliant black lhd RS2... Polar silver RS2... RS blau RS2... CheeRS Al

Comment

Originally posted by laser avant s2 View Post
        I think `WE` are ok i read it as new cars from 2013
        Yep, thank ****

Originally posted by KOTK
        If anyone has started one of those petitions, let us know....
        Isn't one there yet, but give it time :mischeif:

Hijacking my own thread here, but did find this petition while looking for the above... about rather more draconian penalties for driving in the middle lane

Ck.
        Shocked, exhausted, hosed, bushed, dumped, chipped, mounted, filtered, gauged, packed, intermittantly wiped and braked. I mean broken. Now, about the car...

Comment

Obviously a waster of an MEP touting all the usual rubbish about green issues in order to effect some changes which will make little difference to anything related to the environment.

Why is it that everyone wants to beat up the motorist? we are just soft targets to avoid some difficult conversations with the US and China...

Can you imagine the state of ebay in 2013 with buy it now's for removal of engine speed limiter details
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

another stupid idea by the EU parliment they will try anything to force us to buy dull,boring cars while being cheauffer driven in there big luxury motors. bunch of *****

Comment

Blow them up and let clarkson rule the world!!!
              Dark Grey Avant
              RS2 FARB
              Powerflex Front wishbone bushes
              Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

my 1.2 clio will do 104mph.

Does this mean they propose to make all cars < 1.2l. LOL
                S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by Azman View Post
                  let clarkson rule the world!!!
                  Now there is a petition for that - or at least, to make him PM.

Ck.

Comment

I have one thing to say; oh dear, oh dear, oh dear, Mr Davies get a propper job.

Comment

Added my sig to the middle-lane petition, total sigs a bit low as yet I guess motoring morons are in the majority these days.
                      Nothing feels fast for long...
                      sigpic

2000 Audi RS4 - Kingfisher Blue ~+~ 2004 Audi Allroad 2.5 Tdi - Ebony Black Pearl

Comment

Another ill informed politician talking through his ***, he clearly has no clue. Question i'd like to ask him is what he would prefer to put his wife and kids in, a crap box 1litre like a Corsa or something big and safe like a 2litre Ford Mondeo. Yeah i thought so
                        91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
                        93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
                        94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

I dont think the list of cars capable of less than 100mph will make very interesting reading...
                          Past: S2 ABY coupe RS2 spec with lots of mods, S4 B5 saloon, RS6 C5 saloon, S8 D2 FL, RS4 B7 saloon, S4 B6 avant

Present: S4 B8 avant, MRC Stage 2

Comment

Originally posted by CliveH View Post
                            I dont think the list of cars capable of less than 100mph will make very interesting reading...
                            Might give rise to some really bizarre (by today's standards) specs: Land Rover Vogue SE with top of the range 800cc engine anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by curlyks2 View Post
                              Might give rise to some really bizarre (by today's standards) specs: Land Rover Vogue SE with top of the range 800cc engine anyone?
                              Yes, or :

"Audi is pleased to announce the launch of the new RS3, which has full leather interior, solar panel sunroof, 19" 7 spoke alloy wheels, Satnav/TV, Brembo brakes...and a 3 speed automatic 800cc diesel engine, capable of 0 to 60 in half an hour..."
                              Past: S2 ABY coupe RS2 spec with lots of mods, S4 B5 saloon, RS6 C5 saloon, S8 D2 FL, RS4 B7 saloon, S4 B6 avant

Present: S4 B8 avant, MRC Stage 2

Comment

Working...
                              X