No announcement yet.

2.0L 5 cylinder???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 90 20V quattro has a 2.0L engine. The bore is 81mm the stroke is 79.5mm.

I measured when I had the head off.

This is considerably less torquey then a 2.3L 20V.

Neil

Comment

My first car was a 1.9 5cyl VW Santana
      KNE.jpg
      (old picture!)
      Last edited by hiltoa; 1 October 2007, 00:03.
      Nothing feels fast for long...
      sigpic

2000 Audi RS4 - Kingfisher Blue ~+~ 2004 Audi Allroad 2.5 Tdi - Ebony Black Pearl

Comment

Originally posted by urq20v View Post
        The Volkswagen Santana that was produced by Nissan in Japan was available with a 2.0 litre 10v and a 2.0 litre NM 20v 5 cylinder.These were imported used into New Zealand in quite large numbers.The 20v was quite a good performer with 160bhp.

I had this one in NZ with the 10v,are you sure this shape had a NM fitted?

also had the most horrific type 85 90 in brown that i believe had a JS in.

Comment

Yep,absolutely sure! They were badged Santana DOHC Autobahn in NZ.Had a complete engine in my garage for quite some time before selling it to a guy who wanted to do a 20v conversion in his Audi coupe GT.

Comment

What year did they make those?i hope they had some uprated brakes/suspension as they were shocking on mine.

Comment

I HAVE A NM! I don't like it :S tooooooooooooooooo weak....! 3B swap 4 next year!
              - Looking for a S2
              - Lancia Dedra HF turbo i.e. (4sale)
              - Typ89 Coupè quattro, 20Vt AAN, VEMS, K24-7000@1.3bar (scrapped )

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by audineil View Post

I measured when I had the head off.

This is considerably less torquey then a 2.3L 20V.
                And I thought my 2.3 20V had no torque. 160 bhp doesn't sound too bad though. What sort of power band did they have? My 7A didn't do much below ~4100 rpm, or above ~6500 rpm IIRC.
                SS

Comment

Originally posted by spink View Post
                  What year did they make those?i hope they had some uprated brakes/suspension as they were shocking on mine.
                  Late 80s early 90s I think.Dont know about the brakes and suspension but there were changes to the bodywork,the Autobahn looked more "sporty".
                  The NM (160bhp) didnt have a lot of low down torque,but revved much more freely than the 7A (170bhp).There really wasnt a lot of difference in on-road performance between the two engines.

Comment

Crikey i think the last year they sold that shape it the uk was in '85-86.

I remember the one i had was at first glance a vw until you looked closer and saw nissan wiper arms/washer bottle and Nissan vin plate.Thought id bought a nicked car at first.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by audineil View Post
                      It is probably 77.4mm?

there are 4:

Comment

I currently have stored a 1 owner from new audi coupe gt5s, one of the last 2l with a carb

Has done 3 miles since last mot.

Comment

2,0 5 cyl, 20v

Hi!
                          I´m from Portugal and like Italy we also had taxes over sise of the engine and not the power.

I have a Audi Coupe quattro 20v, it´s a 2.0 litres engine, develops 118 Kw (160Ps) at 6200 rpm and 200Nm at 4500rpm.
                          éngine code NM
                          This engine loves to rev!
                          It´s redlined at 7000rpm and gets there in every gear, although in 5th i need a long stretch of highway going down !
                          If you would like more info please ask!
                          I have the owners manual and can give you any detail about this engine.

I attach a foto of my car.

Pedro
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AUDI COUPE 20V View Post
                            they had 2.0 20v's in italy engine code NM 160bhp due to tax issues something like that
                            Yep Pisobiker had one and I have NM cams sat in my stroker head

Comment

Working...
                            X