No announcement yet.

s2 3b to 600 - 800hp who can help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well that is certainly a lot of money, but if you think that a set of forged rods is about 1k and so is a set of forged pistons... Plus the cost of finding, buying and machining a 2.5L block, plus a new oil pump, water pump, set of mains, big-end bearings and other sundries then you are prolly at 3k (ish) so the price ain't so bad IF all the work has been performed correctly on the bottom end.

Smells to me like a grand over the price versus doing it / sourcing it yourself - not such a bad proposition actually if you have any idea of the number of hours that go into a building a strong, reliable motor.

NCTS BTW - just pointing out that this price is not as crazy as it might 1st appear !

Paul
    Paul Nugent
    Webmaster http://S2central.net
    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Maybe I'm missing something here, but my currency converter makes 550,000isk around £4450. Now I get parts and machining to come to around £1750, that makes the labour cost £2700
      That's a hell of a lot of money to build a bottom end, and then you've got to add on shipping from Iceland.
      sigpic
      1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
      1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
      1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Jesus I got a bargain with those prices being banded about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

hmm

ok well if you can get it so mutch cheaper then, lucky for you. It is all forged, and the engines are blueprinted, so the job is professonally and well done.
          japanischer industriabfall nein danke!!
          www.rackeltrim.se Icelandic Division

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
            Well that is certainly a lot of money, but if you think that a set of forged rods is about 1k and so is a set of forged pistons... Plus the cost of finding, buying and machining a 2.5L block, plus a new oil pump, water pump, set of mains, big-end bearings and other sundries then you are prolly at 3k (ish) so the price ain't so bad IF all the work has been performed correctly on the bottom end.

Smells to me like a grand over the price versus doing it / sourcing it yourself - not such a bad proposition actually if you have any idea of the number of hours that go into a building a strong, reliable motor.

NCTS BTW - just pointing out that this price is not as crazy as it might 1st appear !

Paul
            thanks paul. It is a lot off work and it has been done properly, blueprinted as i said. But hey i only, said i had two if any one wants one..
            japanischer industriabfall nein danke!!
            www.rackeltrim.se Icelandic Division

Comment

Working...
            X