RS4 Alternator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS4 Alternator

Anyone ever changed the alternator on a B5 Rs4?

I’ve got the bumper off and the lock carrier pulled forwards and I can now see the bloody thing but still not sure I can do it!
    I guess I’m going to have to get underneath to disconnect it, there’s a cooling vent too, and according to the fische there’s a lock nut on the other end of one of the long bolts

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

I've changed one on a C5 allroad with 2.7T and don't recall anything special about it..
    Incidentally Newsh have you ever changed your fuel filter on your Rs4. I did mine the other day.
    ​​My god I can get the traction control light going off in 3rd with a rolling start. Mine was leaking from the crush washers and very bunged up.

Comment

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&so...=1534751128425

Comment

Cheers mate.
        I’ve got the alternator out, not easy, front in service position and driver’s side intercooler hose off and one small water hose.
        The worst bit is that you can’t reach the bolted cable till the alternator is pulled forward and then it’s hard to hold it still..
        I’ve got a new one on the way from Germany (good price) and a new tensioner as the bearing in this one sounds very dry.

Funnily enough.. I’d forgotten but I think I have a new fuel filter sitting in the garage waiting. My car certainly doesn’t hang about, Dimitri map, full Milltek etc, but the top end feels a bit flat, will have to have a look. Was it a pain to fit?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

BTW the A6 must have loads more room up front than the RS4, there’s no way you’d slacken the belt or get the alternator out without removing the bumper and moving the front panel.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

I always put them in the service position I have the pins and I can't be bothered to scrape my knuckles when I can make life easier for myself.
            The fuel filter took about 40 mins to fit. Remove the 4 bolts holding two of the three tank straps and the tank drops slightly. The worst bit was undoing the m8 triple square drive bolt on the clamp. Mine was a little corroded and I was concerned about stripping it. Once that's off its plain sailing. Since I've owned mine it's gone from strength to strength and I'm definitely seeing the full potential from the car.

Comment

Working...
            X