Bootlid problem, 2001 B5 avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bootlid problem, 2001 B5 avant

Started yesterday, first off, lhs rubber opening flap not working, rhs worked fine. Then after a few hours the warning on the dash came up that the boot was open. Stopped, got out and it would not close, just opened itself instantly. Got home then it would shut. Today, got in and turned ignition on, no warning. None of the rubber flaps/buttons whatever they are work now... As soon as i turn the key over to start it opens automaticly, so i get out and shut it and it wont open again, turn car off and then on again and it opens automaticly again... Keylock has of course never been used so it all gunked up and seized... What is wrong? Why does it open as soon as i hit the key?
    Any help appreciated.
    Audi 80 Competition -94 Daily driver

www.garaget.org/fish for more pic´s of my cars

Exact same thing on my RS4, drove me potty. It was the microswitches behind the rubber flap. IIRC I got mine working by taking the interior panel off to access the switches and spraying them with contact cleaner / lube. Been fine ever since.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah, got fed up now and tore it all out. Seems as If The lhs microswitch is gone and somehow was causing a shortcircuit somewhere. Took both apart and cleaned them but lhs one dont want to play so just left it unhooked. Seems to work fine now with only the right one. Cheers for the reply.

Kris.
      Audi 80 Competition -94 Daily driver

www.garaget.org/fish for more pic´s of my cars

Comment

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
        sigpic

Comment

I had the same problem. The contacts had corroded some so I cleaned them and greased them with cable grease. Been fine evers since.

Comment

Working...
          X