Brake disc advice please B5 RS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by newsh View Post
    Easiest thing on the B5 is to fit the B7 setup.
    The Cayenne setup is just as easy, I've had both to fit and gone for the B7 in the end for *bling* reasons only.

The B7 really don't justify the extra cost if you compared the 2 side by sideand the Porsche Cayenne actually feel better and perform better for day to day stuff.

It's why people gone on about the weight of the caliper but in reality it makes no difference when your driving a 1.7 tonne car.

Comment

I am not fussed what i fit and am open to all suggestions. I dont mind having a carrier either if honest. What i want is an easy option that will use the factory 360 disc and then have a calliper that will fit and cover the entire disc and have the improved 4 pot plus and cosmetic bonus.

I think me saying i dont want to use a carrier was a bit short sighted but i meant i want to be able to order a carrier and not mess about having them made taking car off the road if possible, using something more common place tried and tested

Comment

There isn't one that uses the 360mm disc

Comment

Ok cheers Jamo. That's what I was after. I won't be binning brand new OE discs to change. If what you say is right and I understand you know your stuff I will run this till the discs are worn out then change calliper and disc.

Comment

Working...
          X