URS6 Advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URS6 Advise

Need some advise and understanding. With the UR S6 here in the UK I need to know the differences between a 96 and a 97 built car. Without the VIN to check and the only thing I can think that would show the difference is the receiver for the remote was on the B pillar in 96 and in 97 is was moved into the car, is this right?

If there is anything else that would help, please let me know.

Cheers
    Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!

Not sure about the UK, but the UrS6s destined for North America, the 1995 spec cars were the last to get the infrared remote with the receiver on the B pillar. Both the 1996 and 1997 spec cars had the radio remote (not B pillar bumps).

Why can't you get the VIN? With the VIN, I could tell you the month and the approximate week the car was born. Year-wise, SN = 95, TN = 96 and VN = 97.

Here is a "complete" list of model year changes that I compiled a while back (subject to NAmerican bias and updates from time to time as more info comes to light).

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/168566.phtml
    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Massive help, thanks.

Just to add into the mix, this car is an S6+ V8.

I have the choice of 2, the former is the cheaper car and the one I really want 97 is silly money but think I will regret not buying this one.

The other 1996 car has some things that dont seem right for an S6+ V8 though.
      Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!

Comment

I presume they're both LHD - I note your details indicate you're based in the UK ?

What's silly money for the dearer one ?

What colours are they both ?

Nice choice to have, I'd buy the better one if I could scrap the money together, if I was you ?

Rare cars.

Comment

Both LHD, as all S6+ were.

The 95/96 car is Phantom Black, the 97 car is Nogaro Blue.

I already have 2 very late registered Audi S6+ spec 2.2 press cars that have been totally rebuilt and are as new, but have a real hankering for V8.

Its a real stretch so only want to do this once, and TBH the Noggy wins I think.

Cheers
          Last edited by Varsity; 23 December 2012, 10:41.

Comment

In the UK the last UrS6 were build in in 1996. 1997 was the european s6+ v8 only. my one is '96 and has no infrared bump on b pillar
            UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

Originally posted by JP View Post
              In the UK the last UrS6 were build in in 1996. 1997 was the european s6+ v8 only. my one is '96 and has no infrared bump on b pillar
              ah,just replied to you on fb damian

jp,has yours got remote locking?and is it a P plate?(some s6s didnt have it)

Comment

Originally posted by Varsity View Post
                Just to add into the mix, this car is an S6+ V8.
                You should have said that from the get-go. The S6 Plus was a unique vehicle produced by quattro Gmbh. They have VINs that start with WUA instead of the normal Audi WAU.

The S6 Plus was a 97 model year car built from June 1996 until the end of October 1997 (longer than normal). See list below.

There might be confusion because some Audi C4 S6s had all the trimmings of the S6 Plus but were still WAU cars. They typically had the AAN inline 20VT 5 but might have come with a V8 (but only the 280 hp version, not the 326 hp version the S6 Pluses got).

Have a look at the VINs stamped onto the cowl under the bonnet (see photo below) WUA = S6 Plus (which will have more value than a WAU imposter).

Here is a C4 avant VIN stamped onto the cowl:

Comment

Update.

I bought the Phantom Black car here in the UK with French plates.

The history for the one private owner is amazing to say the least, and the previous owner was Audi, bonus!

Its loaded to the hilt with blinds, phone and the list goes on.

Whilst not mint (yet, those who know me will understand) it will be a very special and loved car.

In the meantime, of the invoices I have the car has had spent over €18k in the last 9 years, tyres, brakes and so on. It seems that this was a car that belonged to someone who cared.

The only things I am struggling with, don't laugh, is the wood trim and the small passenger side wing mirror.

Cheers

Comment

...The only things I am struggling with, don't laugh, is the wood trim and the small passenger side wing mirror. Cheers
                    Congrats. So you got the "134" car (the one I did the VIN breakdown on)? Should be a keeper. We will need photos.

As for the trim, you can always find good used LHD carbon fibre trim over here (NAmerica) or Europe. Here is one place to look: (This one has 29 hits on Ctrl F "carbon"):
                    http://www.audifans.com/marketplace/...audifans_Parts

For the smaller "Nemo" LHD right side passenger mirror, you should be able to replace it with the larger UK RHD right side driver's mirror. It will lack convex glass but you'll have to decide which is worse.

Good luck.

PHOTOS!!

Comment

Another question: Based on decoding the build tag for "134", I know the seating code is N3T/05 = silk nappa leather with alcantara inserts/anthracite black leather.

Are the inserts blue or silver grey? (I think silver grey)

Comment

Congratulations, good job, post some photos when you can.

Comment

Hi,

They are grey, however.........don't shoot me for this, but I have an as new blue interior in the roof attic and may put this in, and then put the silver in the red Avant we also have.

I think the silver will look good in the red can and the blue in the black car. All said as long as I keep the odd one it and have it refurbed and put away I can always go back to standard.

The new winter tyres are also on their way so I can actually use this one. Or at least until I start my OCD issues again!!

Cheers

Comment

Hi, They are grey, however.........don't shoot me for this, but I have an as new blue interior in the roof attic and may put this in, and then put the silver in the red Avant we also have...
                            Sounds like a good plan. The blue would look terrible in the red avant but the grey will look fine. The blue will look okay in the black sedan too. (IMO)

What I was trying to confirm was that your build tag interior code (N3T/05) was silver (grey) alcantara. Others have suggested another colour. I have seen a few cars coded N3T/05 and they were all silver alcantara with black leather.

Comment

S6

Anyone any idea how many URS6's were made right hand drive. Brian

Comment

Working...
                              X