Measurements for rear UrS6 badges?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Measurements for rear UrS6 badges?

Need some help here please, can anyone make a card template for me of their saloon rear badges?

They need to be the originals, in that they've not been replaced so that's the S6 one and the 4 rings or some accurate measurements please up to and from the side?

I've just had the whole car painted and don't know exactly what position to put them back on and you only get one chance.

Yes i should have done this myself as mine were original but a full respray wasn't on the cards until i delivered the car to the painters and discussed things further.
    Originally i was only dropping it of for the whole front and rear bumper. Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
    Last edited by Vorsprung durch Technik; 29 April 2018, 18:37.
    96 URS6 plus speck saloon
    96 URS6 plus speck estate
    94 2.6 80 Avant
    99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

You mean something like this?

" Positions are as follows:

Front = uppper edge lined up on middle bar grill, badge is 42 mm (or so) from chrome grill trim. (EDIT: S6 turns out to be the same, 42 mm from the lower outside edge of the badge to the edge of the chrome trim (when in the correct vertical location (top edge in middle of the S6 grill height))

Rear = lower left corner 22 mm from left edge of trunk lid (93, 94). Presumably 92 = upper right corner = 22 mm from right edge of trunk lid.
    Rear = lower edge 15 to 16 mm above lower edge of trunk lid

Those came from my 93 UrS4 sedan. I just went out and measured the location on my 94 S4 V8 avant and the distance from the edge was 18 mm not 22. The distance from the bottom was slightly less than 15 mm."

REFERENCE: http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/18657.phtml
    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Thanks Dave much appreciated, could you measure the 4 ringed badge from the lower edge of the rings to the lower edge of the bootlid/trunk on the saloon? I'm hopping there's no difference between the UrS4 and UrS6? I would imagine not looking at the brochure pics but you never know?

94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
        Could you measure the 4 ringed badge from the lower edge of the rings to the lower edge of the bootlid/trunk on the saloon? I'm hopping there's no difference between the UrS4 and UrS6? I would imagine not looking at the brochure pics but you never know?
        And now that I sold my 93 UrS4 saloon (a week ago Monday), all I have to measure on is my UrS4 avant. I measure 12 mm from the edge of the hatch below the rings to the bottom of the rings. But you should get a second opinion and not rely on my German Spec 94 UrS4 for UrS6 measurements.

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
        94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Well Mark, I'm surprised that there hasn't been more replies?
          I will try and get hold of the guy with the S6 near me and measure up for you.
          How many S6 limo's are on this forum?
          ​​​​​​

Comment

I have a UK S6 saloon in original paint work - I think the rear badges are original cos the red paint is now powdered white! I can check the layout tomorrow day time.
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I have an S6 saloon and can do the measurements tomorrow. Just need a reminder. Check your pm's.

Comment

Here you go from USA (1995.5) S6: From left edge to corner of "S6" emblem 19 mm, from bottom of trunk lid to bottom edge of "S6" emblem 18 mm. From bottom of trunk lid to bottom of "OOOO" emblem 22 mm.
                From left edge of trunk lid to upper ridge of the 1st "O" in the "OOOO" 508 mm, from the right edge of the trunk lid to the top of the ridge in the 4th "O" in the "OOOO" emblem is 508 mm. Sorry I don't know how to join the Audi Circles together

Comment

Been away on a long bank holiday so thanks to all you chaps who replied i'm not sure the US versions are exactly the same.
                  94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by marktiz View Post
                    I have a UK S6 saloon in original paint work - I think the rear badges are original cos the red paint is now powdered white! I can check the layout tomorrow day time.
                    Yours looks bang on being a UK car and totally original. Do you have the measurements cheers Mark.
                    94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Such a simple thing to do yet there's still no UK measurements coming forward.

94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

They're trying to tell you to leave off the badges !

Sorry, hopefully someone takes the trouble to help a fellow member.

Best wishes, in the meantime any more photos of it badgeless or badged, as either way it looks stunning.

Comment

Thanks David, will get some more photos up after i've done a few little jobs on the car.

I wonder what happened to marktiz? Looked like the ideal car to me.
                          94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post

Yours looks bang on being a UK car and totally original. Do you have the measurements cheers Mark.
                            Sorry, been distracted by other dramas recently. I will try to remember to measure it tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by marktiz View Post

Sorry, been distracted by other dramas recently. I will try to remember to measure it tomorrow.
                              94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Working...
                              X