Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catch can hose routing

Is this correct?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Unless someone has drilled holes in the pipe which goes through the cam cover, the pipe on the outside is doing nothing.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

If I were you I’d try and put the PCV system back to standard.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
        If I were you I’d try and put the PCV system back to standard.
        Am I right in assuming I just connect the valve cover to the turbo intake pipe?

Comment

Yes and there’s a couple of valves, one large connected to the sump, one very small connected to the inlet manifold underneath.
          You need the small one if your carbon canister is still operational.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

https://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/threads/2326.phtml

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Yes and there’s a couple of valves, one large connected to the sump, one very small connected to the inlet manifold underneath.
                I found the blue valve which uses a 3rd hose back to the petrol tank blocked off, the valve is still connected electrically

Comment

The large diaphragm valve is still piped up underneath the inlet manifold

Will follow your diagram and check routing tomorrow
                  Last edited by S4Marc; 1 July 2018, 20:50.

Comment

I can confirm mine is routed as per diagram however with these differences

The green piping has been removed and blanked off at the 4 way connector

The blue N80 has been blocked

The front cam cover breather connection is not routed to the inlet tract
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

I will get some hose and re connect the cam cover and inlet tract together and remove the catch can

Comment

Ok no need to worry about the green stuff as long as it’s all blocked off, it’s that little one way valve that can stick open and send boost to the crankcase..
                        Disconnect the hoses from the pipe through the cam cover. This should not leak into the engine, it just goes in at the back and out at the front, (it was done like this to be tidy, the 3B had an external pipe..) Make sure it hasn’t had holes drilled in it.
                        The actual head breather is the one just below it at the back.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

I think the only reason you would need to run the external piping is if you are running a 7A/3B valve cover. I need to install this on mine as I want to swap on the 7A valve cover I had annodized.

Comment

as this is the same topic, i thought i would poke my nose in.
                            I have nearly completed my s2 to rs2 coversion.
                            I have not connected the breather hose from the rocker cover to the turbo. I blanked it off at the turbo end an thought i would just hook the breather hose up to a catch can. On first start up there is loads of blue ish smoke. i let it run for 5mins still loads of smoke. would not connecting the breather to the turbo hose cause this?

Cheers

Comment

Ditch the crap stock pipes and run a swirl pot over the crank case breather. Catch tank on its own just collects oil that should be in the engine, unless you drain it back to the sump.

Under power when turning right, the stock pipes and be overwhelmed and force oil in to the tank. From experience, you can lose 0.5 litres in 10 laps of a circuit. With a swirl pot, 0 litres in 60 laps. Yes, this is an extreme case but it demonstrates the point
                              Cheers'en, AndyC
                              1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Working...
                              X