• Show
Clear All

• marksmith
    replied
    Where are you based?

Leave a comment:

• slacky
    replied
    Hi , I’ve messaged you about any parts from your s6 , if the car is still around ?
    many thanks

Leave a comment:

• recurveandy
    replied
    Dibs on the fuel tank if you break it
    Where are you based? I can come help remove it

Leave a comment:

• Audis6quattro
    replied
    Hi little update
    Today received phone call an I was told its been cat B. Unfortunately I don't have place and space or time I need to sell it all so if anyone needs any parts let me know. I'm looking to sel all in one go engine with gearbox and all wiring loom including ecu for £3000. And anything else as we go, or just take all car for £3600 and strip on parts

Leave a comment:

• Audis6quattro
    replied
    Ok I will let you guys know which category it will get

Leave a comment:

• K Simmonds
    replied
    That's interesting, they've changed the categories since I last made a claim in 2016, my S2 would have fallen into Cat S now by the current definition's, that's a pity as it fell into Cat B back then and I wanted to repair it. Oh well, at least I got decent pay out and I still have the engine and box as well as some other odds and sod's.

If this does fall into Cat S, which it should do from what I've just read, as I said I have four doors and two complete sills (inner&outer) which are taking up space if your interested and can collect them.

Leave a comment:

• Audis6quattro
    replied
    I hop it will be cat S as its stated as structural damage. So at the moment no answer from my insurance.

Leave a comment:

• Mikes2
    replied
    Cat B is normally reserved for water / fire damage. I'd expect a cat S

Leave a comment:

• K Simmonds
    replied
    If it ends up a Cat B, which I'm also pretty sure it will, you'll have no choice but to reshell it or break it as sadly Cat B's can't go back on the road, you will be required to provide a destruction certificate for the shell.

I'm not super clued up on what C4 parts are worth but an ANN motor/gearbox with ancillary's, loom and ECU has got be worth £3K min perhaps a touch more.

Leave a comment:

• Audis6quattro
    replied
    Question what I could ask for those parts ?
    maybe some one knows average prices
    ​​​​​​​engine with all accessories wiring loom with ECU
    Radiator set
    Leather interior
    bonnet
    Front suspension
    Subframe
    Rear suspension
    Rear diff
    Proshaft
    Dash

Leave a comment:

• Audis6quattro
    replied
    It's on my drive I'm not giving it away. I hope I have enough knowledge to repair it or swap over (working as mechanic at dealership and now in body shop) but unfortunately I thinking to sell on parts due to I dont have time and space to do that. Only if I will find space where I could swap over. I assume it's gonna be cat B 99%

Leave a comment:

• K Simmonds
    replied
    Originally posted by newsh View Post
    Just the A post would put me off.
    On the other hand, if you could find a quattro coupe or saloon you could transplant the engine and gearbox.
    That's not a bad idea at all. Looking at the car again I suspect it's going to be a Cat B mainly due to the the A post damage, so I doubt it will able to go back on the road (only cat C&D can live again), my S2 got Cat B'd due to a slight kink in the floor pan/bulk head which could have easily been body jacked out. At the time I got a really good pay out (what the car was actually worth) and only gave about £500 for the salvage back from the insurance company.

So if you get a fair pay out you could buy another S6, break this one for stuff like the interior and suspension etc and use that money to buy a base model quattro saloon, CQ etc with a knackered motor and transfer the engine and box out of this into it. A mate of mine has recently picked up a very tidy 2.8 CQ with a knackered engine for £1K so there are bargains out there. All depends if you have the time/patience, and mechanical knowledge to do it all yourself as well as what category this car end's up.

Also, if you are planning on retaining the salvage do not let the car off your property, it can be assessed where it is, once the insurance company get their hands on it you'll have no end of bother getting it back if it is a Cat B. Trust me I've dealt with this a couple of times, I had get a solicitor involved to get my Cat B Corrado back which ended up costing the insurance company even more.

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    Originally posted by LSG View Post
    On the other hand, if you could find a quattro coupe or saloon you could transplant the engine and gearbox.
    Your a bad man John !
    [/QUOTE]

No, that's a good idea

Leave a comment:

• LSG
    replied

On the other hand, if you could find a quattro coupe or saloon you could transplant the engine and gearbox. [/QUOTE]
    Your a bad man John !

Leave a comment:

• newsh
    replied
    Just the A post would put me off.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X