18z caliper brackets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18z caliper brackets

Long time lurker here… I’ve got a 95.5 UrS6 with 18z BBK added by PO. Doing the brakes and the aluminum brackets stripped as I was removing the caliper bolts.

I found A LOT of threads on the topic, but all are pretty old and links to caliper brackets (Apikol, ECS, Brydon Engineering) all lead to darkness.

Anyone know where I can find new steel brackets for 18z calipers to UrS4/6 hubs (not Euro HP2 hubs).

Or can anyone definitively say other 18z brackets (e.g. for a B5 A4 BBK) will work?

I’d even be happy to find a CAD drawing and have them made locally.

Thanks!
    Tom

Can't you have the original alu ones copied in steel?

JW
    | project | 1993 Audi 80 VR6 turbo quattro |
    | daily | 2006 BMW E91 335d | 385bhp 735Nm |

Comment

Yep- that’ll work too- thanks! I was thinking that would be option #3, after buying new/used and CAD machining option. Might end up there.

Comment

or you can do a heli-coil (as it should be).

you can see it on Alex's bracket: https://cdn.ecommercedns.uk/files/4/...6/img-4843.jpg
        sigpic

Comment

Now that’s a good idea- hadn’t thought of that. I’ll try that first.

thanks!

Comment

I think i recall Alex saying his brackets use 'timesert' threaded inserts. They are different to helicoil and seem a bit more reliable. Have a read about them and see if you would rather have helicoil or timeserts holding your brakes on.

https://www.timesert.com/

Comment

Thanks all - I am going to try the Timeserts, which should do nicely to avoid the aluminum-to-steel corrosion which likely caused the problem in the first place.

Comment

Working...
              X