Avant S6 AAN engine overhaul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avant S6 AAN engine overhaul

Hello everyone, I'm new so please move my post if in the wrong area. I am currently about to overhaul my S6 Avant 2200. I am experiencing some, I assume, injection/electronic issues. I would start checking the diag but not pretty sure which one to buy. Anyone has suggestions/experiences to share?
    Thanks in advance

More information required. Is it running? Or are you just wanting to do the preventative stuff? VCDC is in my opinion the best diagnostic software. There is a free light version and you can buy the connector cables cheaply on ebay. Avoid the cheap Chinese fault code readers. They are pretty useless.
    We like pics here
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post

More information required. Is it running? Or are you just wanting to do the preventative stuff? VCDC is in my opinion the best diagnostic software. There is a free light version and you can buy the connector cables cheaply on ebay. Avoid the cheap Chinese fault code readers. They are pretty useless.
      We like pics here
      Thanks for answering )))

It is running, checked compression and it is perfect. Recently I had some problems in acceleration, with turbo entering the engine had some gasps, something like cutoff or misfire. Rome has no good audi mechanics, this said I changed coils and MAF (the former one was opened, I found a cheap one and just tried), the engine appears to run much more smoother but still under charge I get some gasps again. Not always, but yet they are there.
      I'm open to any kind of suggestion.

BTW do you have a link to good cables?

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Sounds like a boost leak. Search the forum and everything you need to know is here. Best use Google and "Audi s2 forum boost leak". The forum search engine isn't very good.
        Cables? You mean wire? Or HT tsfi conversion?
        Nothelle S2 Avant
        Black Ur project
        Ocianic Ur project gone
        S2 Coupe project gone
        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Sounds like a boost leak. Search the forum and everything you need to know is here. Best use Google and "Audi s2 forum boost leak". The forum search engine isn't very good.
          Cables? You mean wire? Or HT tsfi conversion?
          Thanks I will investigate.
          I mean the connector cables for the diag. I'm pretty sure I don't have the OBDII, instead I saw the mechanic connecting two plugs, one white and grey the other.
          Which kind of cables should I look for, just to be sure.

Comment

You need one like this.
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OBD2-II-D...edirect=mobile
            Nothelle S2 Avant
            Black Ur project
            Ocianic Ur project gone
            S2 Coupe project gone
            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Looks super sweet on the bolero wheels!

If you are looking for any parts for this I am wrecking a 93' UrS4 Avant. Body shell is going off to scrap in the next few weeks but still plenty of parts there.
              Feel free to PM me

Comment

Thanks but I manager to get that what really confuses me is which obd cable to attach ti the PC

Comment

Now that is difficult. Lots of cheap rubbish out there. In the end I went for the proper RossTech cables and vcds software. Expensive but totally reliable.
                  Nothelle S2 Avant
                  Black Ur project
                  Ocianic Ur project gone
                  S2 Coupe project gone
                  Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by saskiusf4 View Post

Thanks but I manager to get that what really confuses me is which obd cable to attach ti the PC
                    I've been using cheap eBay cable on the C4 paired with VCDS lite. Does everything one needs, if you have later Can car then rosstech is the one.
                    '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
                    '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
                    '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Originally posted by hunker7 View Post

I've been using cheap eBay cable on the C4 paired with VCDS lite. Does everything one needs, if you have later Can car then rosstech is the one.
                      If I may ask, what do you mean by CAN standard, is it always with the black and white plug or OBDII plug?

Comment

Type audi obd2 kkl into eBay. You'll see loads of cables, read the descriptions, most of the cheap ones you will need an old laptop with Win XP (or maybe 7).
                        Vagcom 409.1 is free and is all you need for these old cars.
                        Last edited by newsh; 16 March 2023, 09:21.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                        sigpic

Comment

Ok, thanks for your advices, I managed to buy a working cable on ebay and I finally got the vcds working.
                          I suspected some trouble on the fuel quantity sent to the injectors and read about the aan boost testing options, something starts to make sense.
                          I am curently starting to work on the pressure regulator but I if I looked for the 078133534C I can only find equivalent ones, bosch I can only find used.
                          Moreover I got the following diag response:

00537 - Lambda (Oxygen Sensor) Regulation
                          11-10 - Control Limit Not Reached - Intermittent

00561 - Shareware Version. To Decode all DTCs
                          13-00 - Please Register/Activate
                          Made a google search and got this: Mixture Adaptation: Adaptation Limit (Add) Exceeded

00513 - Shareware Version. To Decode all DTCs
                          03-00 - Please Register/Activate
                          made a google research and got this: Engine Speed Sensor (G28): No Signal and appears normal because the diag has worked on a switched off engine AFAIK

Any comments or suggestions? Could it depepend on the fact fact that, besides leakage which I'm checking, a cheap MAF has been used?
                          Should I change the lambda sound?

During accelleration I miss a bunch of power and it really looks like the engine isn't getting enough fuel. I also have unstable idle but after a good run the issue almost disappears.

Thanks in advance for any hint.

Comment

Working...
                          X