6 CD Changer not working!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
    In NAmerica Audi did a close-out sale on those head units. I bought one for $25 just to have a spare. (It went with the 98 A6 C4 Avant when I sold it Dec. 2013)

Hi Dave, exactly. I bought 2 of them 1 for the C4 demonstrator which i never really used at £75 about 7 years ago (Audi wanted get this.....£750 ) and another new one last year at £50 for the S6 saloon which is superb given sellers on eBay want at least £50 for them second hand!
    96 URS6 plus speck saloon
    96 URS6 plus speck estate
    94 2.6 80 Avant
    99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

I have a good second hand one for sale

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
      sigpic

Comment

Sorry me old son - none the wiser this end! You sure it wasn't some other handsome as fook chap that you're thinking about??!

I'd like to keep the car as it should be but am getting fried with BBC and local radio and could really use some of my own tunes without any chat in between for a change!

GRRRR!!

1997 Audi S6 - The Purple Helmet!

Comment

Well, thanks to Mike's help, it looks like there's a fault in the old cd changer as his worked perfectly. Does anyone know if repairs are possible on these units and who might carry out such a repair?

Many thanks.

Comment

Repairs would probably be way more (if feasible) than buying a used one.
            You're welcome to mine at a fair price, though it is a slightly different model (as noted above).

If you're prepared to pay the postage each way if it's not suitable try it out first?

Comment

Originally posted by geneandbolly View Post
              Well, thanks to Mike's help, it looks like there's a fault in the old cd changer as his worked perfectly. Does anyone know if repairs are possible on these units and who might carry out such a repair?

Many thanks.

Or you could buy a Concert I, from ebay and use the related CD changer made Matsushita (Panasonic). Concert I units were in 98-99 A4, A6, A8.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael S2 View Post
                You can try my one next time i see you Craig if you have no luck. My one is missing the cartridge though.
                My spare unit (which is made Matsushita/Panasonic) doesn't have a cartridge in it, but I'm pretty sure I have kept it safe - "somewhere".

Comment

Thanks chaps but I would like to replace it with the same unit if possible, hence the interest in a repair company.

Comment

I have one of these spare if required, same p/n
                    PM for details
                    1989 NG Q Pick-up (Daily)
                    2002 ASZ Golf (Doris' Daily)
                    1997 AJK-G2 A6 Avant Q (In surgery)
                    1999 AGZ Bora (Daily 2)
                    1994 ABC A6 Avant (Spare)
                    1984 JS Coupe GT (Slow progress)
                    1982 WN Coupe GT5 (Spare)
                    1983 MK1 Golf GTI Pirelli (In storage)

Comment

Just checked where it was where I got the guy to make me a working Blaupunkt out of two! Charged me £40...... It was Car Hi-Fi Services at Bonnybridge.........unfortunately it would seem they've closed shop but I think the guy's still doing business.
                      Phone Michael on 07773409161

Comment

Thanks John - that was good of you. Andy has just sold me his head unit and cd changer for a great price, so I'm absolutely delighted!!

NO MORE FOOOOKIN' RADIO 2!!!!

Comment

Thanks Andy - installed and working a TREAT!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X