Freshen up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freshen up

So after owning the Manbrolet for 5 years now it was time for a freshen up and a colour change. As the gti has had all the attention for awhile.

So heres the cabby in all its faded glory

Mechanically nearly everything has been replaced from a new steering rack, brake bomb, power steering pump and lines, every bush and link, KW's etc etc and now a 5x112 hub conversion the list goes on.

So the paint was looking abit tired and cracking in a few places due to the high UV here down under. Its been a slow process as Ive dug deeper and deeper under the layers of paint over the years finding repair after repair.

New wheels as well as fakes no longer cut it lol. So will be rebuilding some RH 2 piece 17x9.5 and 10 and a set of 3 piece Autostrada Monza's specs unkown yet but will be wide!

Im probably being lazy too by wrapping the car but its easy and can look good.

So hopefully it will all be done before winter is here in oz and I can enjoy the rest of the summer with the roof down!
    Last edited by The Manbrolet; 1 March 2016, 12:15. Reason: Title error

Anymore pictures and what is the process to wrap a car

Comment

Mmm nice collection of cars...

Comment

First time I've ever attempted wrapping a car, just removing all the trim handles etc. Clay bar each panel then wax and grease remover. Just takes patience laying it down heating and stretching with lots of you tube videos for help lol. More pics to follow as i get on with it next week.

Comment

Will you need to protect the paintwork before wrapping too as you've take quite a lot back to bare metal?
          Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Yeah painting it this week just sealing it a with a white high solid.

[/URL]

Comment

keep the updates coming please

Comment

Yeah painting it this week just sealing it a with a white high solid.

[/URL]

Comment

More progess at the weekend, was considering the later front bumper as my S2 bar has seen better days, but grilles and lights are mega money here in Australia so snagged an S2 bar from a mate with projectors in excellent condition.

Comment

So all done apart from the wheels but got to use it my wedding at the weekend alongside my mates VR6 turbo 80.

Comment

Congratulations on both the car and the wedding

Comment

Excellent work!

I'm keen to see some closeups photo's if it's possible. I' m wrapping my S2 coupe with a fantastic blue metallic, the roof will not be wrapped. So it will be two toned. Blue & black(LY9B)

Comment

Cool looking cars ,anymore more info on the vr6 conversion?
                          sigpic
                          Cab 2.3E
                          90q
                          URS6

Comment

Nice cars

Comment

Good job , looks excellent . What wheels have you opted for ?
                              Anymore pics details on your friends 80?

Thanks Gav
                              S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

Working...
                              X