Back in an Audi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back in an Audi

From I sold my S2 and briefly had a S6, I have been Audi-less. Until very recently. A mate from work told me a guy he knew had decided to part with his 80 cabriolet that he had from it was 1 year old. I went and had a look and it turned out to be a 2000 final edition 2.6 manual in silver with navy roof and full leather navy interior (heated fronts), 17" Boleros, 65k miles on it and completely factory original.

The car was out of MOT but had done less than 100 miles from it's last test. It had been well looked after so I took a punt. It needed very little, the fuel lines were a bit crusty so replaced them and freed up all calipers etc. Went through MOT this evening!

Needs a few minor bits of tidying up, rear screen needs replaced and there's a couple of scuffs, but very straight car.

I'll put some pics up tomorrow, hoping to tax it and take it on a decent run.

Happy to be back behind the wheel of a B4, feels like I'm back home!
    1996 Audi S6 Avant.
    1994 80 TDI - Daily Driver

Congrats and just in time for summer!

Comment

Welcome back. Knew you wouldn't be away for long!
      1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
      2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
      2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

Been away too long, over 2 years now from I sold my S6

Had an A8 for a while, but didn't bond with it, also a B5 A4 but really didn't bond with it, the 80 just feels like home. Within 30 seconds of the test drive I knew I was going to buy it! I took a couple of quick pics:

I'd love another S2 avant but can't see it happening now. I get most use out of my T4 Caravelle now the kids are bigger. Hope to get a run to the post office tomorrow for tax and this car is back on the road after sitting for 18 months. I've a timing belt kit and water pump here to go on over the weekend too, then full service. It feels slightly "flat", maybe an Italian tune up will help but not until the belt is done. I did check it and the one on there looks fairly fresh, but, best to be sure.
        1996 Audi S6 Avant.

Comment

Welcome back.

Nice car. Not sure how you feel about it, but when I had mine, it's rear screen was torn, and Issac Agnew in Belfast replaced it with a new one, not at all cheap with was a lovely 'improvement".

Either that or a hard roof may be the way forward.

The V6 is creamy smooth.

Wonder what you'll look to mod on it first ?

Comment

Nice Audi.They are heavy we've got the 2.8 manual also a 2.6 avant.If your finding it a bit slow try this stuff,it worked wonders on the 2.6 was just trying it to see.Very impressed. New set of Plug leads really makes a difference.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10K-Boost-...YAAOSwYGFUtpBx
            96 URS6 plus speck saloon
            96 URS6 plus speck estate
            94 2.6 80 Avant
            99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Been out and about in it most of the day, going well, very smooth but seems a bit sluggish. I intend doing a full service on it and see if that helps. Only thing I can really compare it to is my old 2.8 quattro 80 which was a different beast indeed. We used to have a 1.8 which seemed to have more poke than this.

Noticed a small weep of hydraulic fluid today as well once the hood was up and down a few times so that'll need sorted but overall it's very good considering it's been sat still for the better part of 2 years!
              1996 Audi S6 Avant.

Comment

I went out and had a look at it there, something didn't feel right. There was over an inch of slack in the throttle cable adjustment. Adjusted it up and took it for a run and it's a heck of a lot better. Maybe this was done as some sort of economy mod, suppose I'l be stopping at the fuel station a bit more often anyway.

Just hope all other solutions turn out to be simple too.
                1996 Audi S6 Avant.

Comment

Working...
                X