Which spark plug to use on my S4 B7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which spark plug to use on my S4 B7

Having just fitted 5 NGK spark plugs to my S2 that made a big difference to its performance by stopping a misfire I thought its worth getting an opinion on the plugs used on the S4 B7.

I have always purchased my plugs from Audi and as far as I am concerned they have not given me any problems.

Should I buy
    Audi dealer original part number 101905615A marked FGR7KQE0 with the 4 rings marked on the insulator and also marked Bosch.
    The Bosch FGR7KQE0 from an authorised dealer
    NGK recommend the BKR6EQUP from authorised dealer

Are the Bosch plugs Audi get and the Bosch from an Authorised deal the same or is there a quality issue?

What are you guys using and why?

I have been using the NGK BKR8EIX iridium reliably in my modified 3b engine for some years without issue though I reduce the gap to 0.58mm.
    So I have now changed to the NGK BKR6EIX iridium plugs for my 2004 S4 and been running fine since fitting straight out the box
    1986 Coupe q - 2281cc 3B, chargecooler, 2.75" exh & downpipe, ported head, water injection, CGR box, modified MD357 turbo, 440cc injectors, high power coil.
    2004 A4 2.5TDi convertible, re-mapped to 180bhp
    2011 A5 sportback 3TDi-Backbox delete, remap

Comment

Bosch or NGK won't make special plugs for Audi. They just have them stamped with the Audi logo and sometimes the part number. Once packaged in a nice VAG group branded box, they will then charge you double, triple or quadruple the amount of money over what the manufacture charge. I what to change the plugs in the Mrs A3 and cost price per NGK Audi branded plug is £22 each V £11 each from NGK. I'll just be buying the plugs from NGK.
      Last edited by B5NUT; 27 April 2022, 16:52.

Comment

Not sure about buying Bosch any more after reading about the S2 plugs causing engine failures when the plug broke and dropped bits into the cylinder. I have not read anything about these failures happening on any other model but the S2.

Comment

Never had problem with the Bosch, think it was some bad batches but seems okay so far But of course no point in buying FPD0R plugs anymore, price is ridicilous anyway now
          https://www.s2forum.com/forum/member...-3b-1991-coupe

Comment

There are many fake plugs on sale on the internet, Bosch and NGK. Best to buy from an approved agent.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X