Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jas11n
    Meguiars for me too Prefer Gold Glass to NXT though
    And me. Tis great stuff. does exactly what is says on the tin (and no dust/residue)
    Mark

Race Clio RS197

S2 Coupe ABY (Green) - RIP
    S2 Coupe ABY (Blue) - Sold

Comment

I'll give it a try on zee S2 then...
      Paul Nugent
      Webmaster http://S2central.net
      Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
      2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
      2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by Jas11n
        Meguiars for me too Prefer Gold Glass to NXT though.

Karlos ? you still using shaving foam to shine your tyres up

Jas
        I think I may have some under the kitchen sink....
        acidtrax

Comment

Hello people

I'm with Paul, I only ever used Autoglym BUT after reading a post on here I did buy the Meguiars 3 stage.

I'd Gold Autoglymd and "Supagarded" my Rs2 a few months before so it was still pretty shiny; after a bit of cajoling my brother in law agreed to have his RS4 "Meguiard". Now, he wouldn't let me use the stage one bottle cause he thought it was an equivalent of T Cut!!

To be fair his Rs4 is pretty clean and he wasn't that impressed with the stage 2 and 3. So, how integral is the Stage 1, is it just glorified T cut? A decontaminate?

Anyone used Zymol? Is it worth the £120 for a 4oz jar of Atlantique Glaze Wax on Ebay? I mean come on.....

Simon

Comment

Simon

Have used Zymol (Titanium), very good, but you have to be in the mood to put it on...

Outside temp has to be just so etc etc - bit of a pullava for me.

Best results i've had are with a decent cleaner fluid, zymol/swissol or 3M handglaze if you can find it, followed by a coat of One Grand Blitz Wax

Found here: http://www.frost.co.uk/item_Detail.asp?productID=8040

Lasts longest out of all waxes i've tried, easy to put on and easy to wipe off.

I know everyone has there own opinions, but I know what works for me!
            Shirish

RS2 Polar Silver

Comment

Originally posted by cuz-gs
              To be fair his Rs4 is pretty clean and he wasn't that impressed with the stage 2 and 3. So, how integral is the Stage 1, is it just glorified T cut? A decontaminate?
              Absolutely nothing like Tcut, there are no harsh abrasives in it whatsoever. I had always used Autoglym before but when I bought the S6 (and on the reccomendation of someone) I tried the 3 stage, the car's paintwork was transformed from a shiny base coat to a vibrant pearl like effect. If that makes sense?
              Before hand the car was just a blue S6 but after you could actually see the pearl effect of the metalic pigments.
              And their shampoo, I have never had one last so long.
              Corey
              01636 822288

Comment

I think using the Meguiars on an older paint is where it really shines (no pun)... gave my brothers 530 a go over with steps 2 and 3 (was low on light) and it looked good, but not really a transformation of the paint like it was with the S2!

I did do one section of a panel with step. 1 and whilst visually I couldn't see anything in it, running one's hand along the body revealed a difference like night and day. The paint was like silk where I'd done the first step
                AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Ross
                  running one's hand along the body revealed a difference like night and day.
                  sigpic

Comment

WTF, other people are awake at this time of night as well?? No trying a 3-step on your woman, now.
                    AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

Working...
                    X