Audi 80 Sport and S2...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ Raziel and the Thethinningbeast,

Thanks for your offers, but I have full set of Speedlines on the way back from the painters, so I am all sorted for wheels.

The TSW five spokes will be going on ebay in a few weeks time with a good set of tyres. I will advertise them on here first though in case anyone is interested.

Cheers,

Steve
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
      Nice cars steve, I will have to admit I like the colour of the sport a hell of a lot, its different to most i've seen, glad to see you've still got time to enjoy the cars and get them looking the best.
      Thanks Acid, I a hoping to get the refurbished speedlines fitted back on with new tyres soon. I will post some more pics then!

Glad you like the colour of the 'Sport Edition, it is my favourite colour for Audi 80's, in fact it is my second one in that colour...

Cheers,

Steve.
      The Perfectionist
      sigpic
      Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
        Thanks Acid, I a hoping to get the refurbished speedlines fitted back on with new tyres soon. I will post some more pics then!

Glad you like the colour of the 'Sport Edition, it is my favourite colour for Audi 80's, in fact it is my second one in that colour...

Cheers,

Steve.
        I had never seen one in the colour before, it should stand up to the tornado pink fade that most red quattro's end up with. Do you take it to many shows?

getting it back to how it should be with the speedlines really is a good idea, is that all your going to do, i.e. leave it as audi intended?

Comment

Nice cars,very clean (what do you polish them every time they are used? )
          Didn't porsche do that colour for the 911, carmen red (karminrot) i think

Comment

I had never seen one in the colour before, it should stand up to the tornado pink fade that most red quattro's end up with. Do you take it to many shows?

getting it back to how it should be with the speedlines really is a good idea, is that all your going to do, i.e. leave it as audi intended?

I won't fade as its a clearcoated metallic. Its the solid colours that fade.

It will be having the speedlines put back on and that's all. I have already replaced the shock, top mounts, gearknob, gear gaiter, etc to get it back to close to original condition. I think they look lovely as standard, so no more mods for this one. Its the wife's car anyway, so I not allowed to mess with it too much!

Cheers,

Steve
            The Perfectionist
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dubmeister View Post
              Nice cars,very clean (what do you polish them every time they are used? )
              Didn't porsche do that colour for the 911, carmen red (karminrot) i think
              Hi Dubmeister, I am not sure what the porsche colour is, but this one is Cerise metallic,

The S2 is my show car and is dry stored and rarely taken out in the rain, so is easy to keep mint.

The '80 is my wife's daily driver so a bit harder to maintain. Basically once the paintwork is prepared with a clay bar and the polished. I seal it will AG Extra Gloss protection and keeping it clean is much easier. A wash then dry off with a QD (quick detailier) and the car looks great.

Cheers,

Steve.
              The Perfectionist
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
                I won't fade as its a clearcoated metallic. Its the solid colours that fade.

It will be having the speedlines put back on and that's all. I have already replaced the shock, top mounts, gearknob, gear gaiter, etc to get it back to close to original condition. I think they look lovely as standard, so no more mods for this one. Its the wife's car anyway, so I not allowed to mess with it too much!

Cheers,

Steve
                Its a bonus that you've got someone that understands audi's, most people think i'm spending way too much money on my car. Whats the underneath/engine bay like on it? clean as?

Comment

Its a bonus that you've got someone that understands audi's, most people think i'm spending way too much money on my car. Whats the underneath/engine bay like on it? clean as?
                  The engine bay is 100% original. It still has the engine sealing wax that Audi liked to put all over the engine when they were manufactured. I really need to try and get some of it off, it does protect the engine but looks *****!

The engine bay etc still needs a little work to be up to my standards! I have only detailied 2 off the 4 inner arches so far too...

I am trying to pursuade my wife to bring it to Castle Combe in October for Audi Driver International, but we'll see....

Cheers,

Steve.
                  The Perfectionist
                  sigpic

Comment

Show her this thread and how much people would like to see it at the show, hopefully that will convince her to bring it along.

Comment

no worrys about the wheels...if any one else is interested in them e mail me at sideshowdrummer@hotmail.com...make sure you mark the emails as wheels just in case i miss it!
                      p.s any one know how to get rid of scratches ??

Comment

Meguiars Scratch-X will work unless they can be felt with your finger nail, in which case it will need to painted an rubbed down etc.

See my other thread for the refurbished ones...
                        The Perfectionist
                        sigpic

Comment

love the pink/purple audi mate, really nice and clean, credit to you guys

Comment

Working...
                          X