1994 AUDI URS6 Avant manual for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 AUDI URS6 Avant manual for sale

Unfortunately a change in my personal life has forced my to sell my old S6. I bought it through this forum some 9 or so years ago and it's been a faithful companion ever since.

I'm going to be brutally honest about the car in my description, I just want it looking after going forward.

The car is a manual estate with electric sunroof and no aircon from the factory. Hasn't had an MOT for 2 years but passed the last one with no advisories.

Good points:-

Rust free chasis.
    Starts first time, every time
    4 off new 17" Audi style alloys
    5 original original Bolero alloys not fitted.
    New Audi Alternator
    Tidy cloth interior
    Electric seats
    Everything works
    Recent rear calipers
    Recent handbrake cable
    Recent front pads
    Had replacement genuine wings due to trailing edge rusting and inner wings were as new.
    Has original Audi windscreen still
    Has massive service history with dealer printouts and all MOTs and tax disks
    Had new metal pipe the power steering return line
    Remapped by S2Central when I bought the vehicle

Bad points

Done 204,000 miles
    Paint blistered when the front was resprayed.
    windscreen has a chip in it. Always has since I had it but passes MOT just fine
    Strange clunking sound when changing steering lock when stationary. I believe its the shock moving in the strut at its bottom. Passes MOT like that and nobody has ever found the cause.
    Hasn't been run in anger for 2 years. I have run it for a few hours but not driven it hard.
    I broke the metal coolant pipe from the expansion tank to the radiator when fitting the alternator (rusted on a crimped join) and threw 1/2" quick fit plast plumbing in to replace it. Works perfectly but looks bad.
    Has a weep on the fuel feed pipe. I repiped the fuel lines a few years back but couldn't find a replacement for the first pipe from the tank to the metal pipes that end just infront of the rear wheel on the offside. I joined the 2 together with injection hos and clips. One clip is weeping and needs tightening / replacing.

Starts with a puff of blue but no smoke when driving or on over run. Passed MOT with perfect emissions last time and had low hydrocarbons.

That is all that is wrong with it and I think £50p on a hose clip and a quick thrash to clear it's throat and polish the disks will see it ready for an MOT. I just don't have time to do it since I live 200 miles away from where the car is now and I've got to finish installing a Kitchen at the same location. I've got nowhere to store it at the new (temporary) location I'm at so I have to very reluctantly let it go.

I've no idea what it's wort but if someone can take it away with a promise to care for it then I'll take £1000 for it.

I have no recent pictures of the car at present but I'll post some after the weekend (5th Feb).

This is picture is sod all use but this is the car and will have to do for now.

************************************************** ************************ SOLD ************************************************** ************************************************** *
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sheppardnias; 31 January 2018, 09:51.

First dibs
    I’m interested
    Where is the car?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

Second dibs please

Comment

The car is located in Waterlooville, Hampshire.

I can't say that the car will drive home because it has no MOT but with one on it I'd happily drive it to the south of Spain and back, it wouldn't let you down. In all the time I've had it the only issue I had whilst using it was a Cam Position Sensor that failed when warm so you could only start the car when it was cold but once running it was fine.

If my Land Rover is still running then I can take the car to Telford in 3 weeks time but I'd rather not given the cost of fuel and the biscuits needed to bribe my mate to loan me his trailer.

Comment

Third in line for me please
          1989 NG Q Pick-up (Daily)
          2002 ASZ Golf (Doris' Daily)
          1997 AJK-G2 A6 Avant Q (In surgery)
          1999 AGZ Bora (Daily 2)
          1994 ABC A6 Avant (Spare)
          1984 JS Coupe GT (Slow progress)
          1982 WN Coupe GT5 (Spare)
          1983 MK1 Golf GTI Pirelli (In storage)

Comment

Fourth dibbs please

Comment

Really tempted but honestly I’ve got too much on at the mo..
              Over to you Colesy

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

What a bargain hope it gets revived and not pulled apart for the engine

Comment

************************************************** Colesy is taking the car and it is now SOLD********************************************** ****

I'm selling it cheap because I want it to be kept alive and put on the road. If I was after the money I'd spend a couple of hours and get an MOT put on it and the stick it on ebay. The last time I went for an MOT it was advisory free (but the bloke was a little soft perhaps) but the car isn't a rust bucket and isn't full of issues. It needs TLC and someone that can paint, after that it will be a great looking vehicle that is 100% reliable.

I just hope that Colesy doesn't break it but I have faith.....
                  Last edited by sheppardnias; 31 January 2018, 09:52.

Comment

Thanks Steve for an honest sale, as the forum is my witness I won't be breaking it, there are far too few of these left already

Comment

Good man

Originally posted by Colesy View Post
                      Thanks Steve for an honest sale, as the forum is my witness I won't be breaking it, there are far too few of these left already

Comment

Thank goodness.

Well done to both of you - Steve and Colesy.

None of my four were that inexpensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Colesy
                          Nice one bud! Well done

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Well done glad its going to a good home.
                            96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                            96 URS6 plus speck estate
                            94 2.6 80 Avant
                            99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

bargain - rare and great cars

Comment

Working...
                              X