X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just text me and im coming with cash

Comment

Originally posted by Colesy View Post
      Thanks Steve for an honest sale, as the forum is my witness I won't be breaking it, there are far too few of these left already
      looking forward to a nice thread on it

sigpic
      Cab 2.3E
      90q
      URS6

Comment

Well, Colesy now has the car and I trust that he will give my old car the love and attention it deserves and missed out on for the last couple of years. Moving home 4 times, across multiple continents, combined with a divorce and a change of career was just too much to keep 3 old cars as they should be kept.

I might look out for a thread on the work he does on it but it might just be like rubbing salt into the wounds left after open heart surgery. My current daily driver (new A5) can't ever come close to providing the interest I had in the S6 and even my aging Discovery 2 is falling short on fun right now. So if Colesy hears the rattle of a 5 cylinder tractor outside one night, it might just be me trying to take it back.

If only modern housing provided sensible parking (minimum 4 cars per resident should be a requirement for planning permission to be granted. I wouldn't have had to do this in the first place.

Comment

^^^
          Any pics of your Discovery 2 I do like these old beasts even if they are prone to terrible rusting underneath!!!

Comment

This is it... Bought when terribly drunk from Ebay, came with NO history at all, just an MOT and a key that was broken. I "think" that I went as far as checking the MOT history for rust comments but that was it and I only vaguely remember doing that through haze a bottle of whiskey can create.

Paid virtually nothing for it 2 years ago and it's now on 240,000 miles, currently doing more miles in it than the A5 but it has a personality unlike modern cars.

It's rust free underneath, totally rust free. It's spookily good underneath and gets comments at the MOT. That's probably due to the amount of fluids it was releasing into the world as it moved along. Strangely now that its (mostly) oil tight it doesn't use oil, starts without any glowplugs in any temp and generally bounces off things when in a car park. With a "mild" remap and the center box removed it doesn't sound too bad for a diesel tractor.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

This is the most upsetting thing I've read all year, absolute steal, very lucky!

Comment

Working...
              X