1995 Audi 80 quattro with aby conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 Audi 80 quattro with aby conversion

Putting this up for my cousin on here before he advertises it elsewhere.

For Sale: AUDI S2 ABY ENGINE in an Audi 80 saloon conversion

Audi S2 ABY engine
    (From an ‘SMS’ S2)
    Configured to RS2 spec
    (sitting in an Audi 80 Quattro Saloon conversion)

I ran the car for less than 2 months before a BIG change of plans and direction. I sold the RS2 turbo as I was still figuring out which direction to go with my project. I started out with RS2 ideas but changed to go in a different direction (larger) before the whole project came to a standstill when I ended up buying a fully restored Audi 90 Quattro. The engine is complete with original ECU and loom, and was still running a standard S2 map.

This S2 engine sale includes:
    * New (less than 400 miles) RS2 exhaust manifold
    * 7a Exhaust cam
    * RS2 green injectors
    * An original inlet manifold which has been professionally chopped and reversed (never got round to getting it fitted in)
    * Will include the larger than RS2 intercooler
    * New (less than 400 miles) Clutchnet sports clutch
    * 5 speed gearbox from the original 2.5 V6 saloon engine which Audi tell me is the same strength and spec as the original S2 boxes, all be it a different gearbox code.

Specifically the ABY engine is for sale, although I am offering it as the whole car as is. When I SORN’ed the car it was a non runner as I had taken out the turbo and injectors (I planned to reverse the inlet and then re-map it) Since then, with the rear screen being broken by kids playing ball, the interior is looking pretty grim with mould setting into the seats etc. So to get this actual car on the road it would take some pretty full on restoration of the interior and steaming the green off the rubbers and seals on the exterior.

But what it does mean is that you can take the whole car onto your trailer and take it to do with as you wish. The car / chassis is a 1995 Audi 80 Quattro;
    * With a full, then new, stainless steel exhaust
    * A genuine RS2 exhaust downpipe
    * 5 stud S2 hub conversion
    * S2 callipers
    * Bilstein shocks, direct from Bilstein in Germany built to RS2 spec. Less than 400 miles, looking flaky but on the outside but should still be good internally. Will need cleaned & repainted.
    * S2 front bumper
    * RS2 front grille
    * Inside it has an ‘Indianapolis’ steering wheel which I bought from Germany for a shade under £200.
    * Front sports seats have been fitted with sliding runners. They will have to be properly steam cleaned if being kept.

The alloys pictured will not be sold with the car. Instead the car will have original S4 alloys, refurbished and grey powder coated. These wheels will be pictured separately on a black Audi 90.

I have been as honest and upfront as I can, I don’t believe in misleading as it’s certainly not something I’d like to be involved in. I want to be honest so questions and genuine offers are more than welcome. £3500
    Pics to follow please call 07868 738518
    Last edited by quattroamm; 5 October 2018, 12:55.
    1991 90 quattro 20v sport 450 bhp
    Rs2 engined ur quattro sold
    11 golf tdi

Have you got the pics?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

This seems like a bargain, I can't imagine you having too much trouble selling it for around what your asking, pity it doesn't currently go!!! I'd whack a second hand K24 7000 on the car so anyone interested can hear the engine running, they can be acquired for very little outlay.

The interiors are remarkably resistant to getting wet and manky, they can be revived from the most disgusting condition by removing the seats and pressure washing/steam cleaning them before drying in a warm garage, I'm guessing it has Jacquard Satin Sports Seats with the quattro logo on them which are pretty comfortable as long as the bolsters are still firm.

Photo's would really help the sale.
      1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
      1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
      1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
      1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

also has Bosch 044 fuel pump
        11 golf tdi

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 5 photos.
          11 golf tdi

Comment

Can you PM me about the other alloys if he’s selling them separately. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Waitin for some Insurance money comin in hope I get it before this goes

Comment

Working...
              X