Wanted....or swap, or sale? B4 80 - S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted....or swap, or sale? B4 80 - S2

Hi folks, firstly appologises about the seriousy weird title to this post.

Not been on here in a lonnnnggggggtime, spilt us with the wife at the same time forum changed etc so kinda lost my mojo with the S2. However, i made sure i kept the S2 and i still love her to bits. But......... im considering swapping / selling her. Funds are tight and as we know S2s are an expensive mistresses that deserves to be kep in the finest of gear. So..... im considering a B4 80 for a bit of a tinker project and free up some cash. So basically does anybody have any inteting B4s for sale? preferabbly a saloon, 1.8t, v6, 2l 16v, v8 omg id love a v8!

Consider purchase outright or swap with cash my way for my S2. Red Avant, black leather very clean etc etc

Look forward to hearing whats out there

Al

Hi Al,
    I've been considering selling my B4 V6 saloon for a while now. Bought it at the start of the year but ended up buying an S2 avant just a few weeks later! Think I've realised now that S2 ownership requires a lot more time and funds to keep everything good so trying to manage multiple cars just isn't practical at the moment. As you say 'expensive mistresses'. Not to mention two insurances, tax etc.

Anyway - the car is a high miler at 215k + but I bought on condition rather than figures. It's a Gomera green V6 2.6 Saloon. Mot till end of Jan 2020 - timing belt/waterpump done in March this year - good service history etc - Sunroof, Velour interior, 3 spoke S2 style steering wheel, VDO gauges. I've used it much more than the S2. Any time there's been an issue with the S2 I just jump in the 80 and turn the key

I am in Glasgow (your profile says you are too) so you are more than welcome to come and have a look. Let me know if you want to know any more. I'd love to keep it tbh - I have grown quite attached to it after spending most of the summer driving but in all honesty I really don't need more than the S2.

Here's a couple of pics from a recent NC500 trip (before I replaced the smoked side repeaters with original):
    IMG_20190514_105832.jpgIMG_20190514_105940.jpgIMG_20190514_110022.jpg
    Cheers,
    Steve

93 S2 Avant - SOLD
    94 80 V6 Saloon
    00 S3 8L - SOLD

Comment

any pictures or more information on the s2 avant, prices are on the up and up for them so probably have changed since you was last on with a good s2 avant being 10k+ now.

Comment

Think ill take her for a run this weekend and do some new pics.....
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

I’ve been tempted to sell my V8 coupe recently if that would interest you, still not 100% sure I want to tho.

https://www.s2forum.com/forum/member...-coupe-quattro

Comment

Steve770, thats one clean 80 my friend! let me give it some thought....any idea on whats youd be looking for her?

Ajax1976......yes, yes indeed that would interest me fella! followd your build thread and its a great looking car. Although, i dont think youre ready to part with her! And quite frnakly im scared of how much youd want for her!!!! but i bet she sounds awesome blatting about!

Comment

Originally posted by als2 View Post
              Ajax1976......yes, yes indeed that would interest me fella! followd your build thread and its a great looking car. Although, i dont think youre ready to part with her! And quite frnakly im scared of how much youd want for her!!!! but i bet she sounds awesome blatting about!
              Ha Ha, I genuinely don't really know what to do with it. I really fancy a VW van/camper and think I would get more use out of that, just don't know if I can stretch to running and maintaining 3 motors. In all honesty I'm coming to the conclusion I think I enjoy the project/working on it side than actually than actually owning/driving it.
              If I do decide to sell I'd like to think I'd price it sensibly, It's not an S2 so doesn't have that premium and it'll be a very niche market for it, I just need work out what price would make it worth while selling or keeping it.

Comment

I might be interested in both your cars. ajax1976 that's a nice car for sure and Im not far away from you.
                94-S2 Coupe ABY
                00-B5 RS4

Comment

Originally posted by als2 View Post
                  Steve770, thats one clean 80 my friend! let me give it some thought....any idea on whats youd be looking for her?
                  Cheers! - lovely looking S2 Avant you have there as well No worries - hoping to get about 2k for the car.
                  93 S2 Avant - SOLD
                  94 80 V6 Saloon
                  00 S3 8L - SOLD

Comment

Working...
                  X