Heated seats
    Genuine carbon trim
    Headlining, A, B, C pillars are all black
    Air conditioning

Modifications
    I believe the backbox is aftermarket
    TFSI coil conversion
    Boost gauge
    The car seems to peak at 1.4Bbar, so I am unsure if this is an indication of it being remapped, either way, it is a healthy car.

Issues
    Aircon has no belt
    There is a slight blow downpipe to cats
    I do not feel that the standard brakes are fit for purpose - My old S2 had the popular 911 calliper swap and I may have been spoilt with that.
    The sunroof motor does not operate and the frame of the sunroof is corroded - previous owners have confirmed that this did not affect the operation of the roof.
    The rubber trims around the outside of the car could do with replacing.

To note
    Surface rust on hubs and subframes (which were also replaced by one of its previous owners) - All of this is cosmetic, I have had the car vigorously poked and prodded so that I can confidently say that this is not an issue.
    The car has been owned by respected forum members for many years and recently had a documented cambelt change amongst other work by Steverrquattro, hence why it makes sense to put it up for sale on here first.

I had this car MOT'd at the local Audi dealership, it pulled in almost every tech in that garage. The consensus was to wrap it up and stash it away, I was really happy with the feedback I got there. Even had one of the engineers offer me some cash and his really nice 2008 S3!

I am using this car as a daily at the moment as COVID has delayed my lease car. It does not miss a beat, great on fuel, sounds glorious, heads are always turning and comments are always positive.

So why am I selling it?
    It needs minimal work to achieve perfection if this is this even possible with an S2?

It has been 5-6 years since I last owned one of these and parts were very easy to get hold of and now everything feels like a treasure hunt! When you do find what your after - prices are astronomical. I could probably deal with the scene taxed parts if they were readily available but this is not the case. This has spoilt my experience this time around and I think its time to move on to something more modern.

I want £12k for the car and would not entertain any offers. The intention is to just get through the very issues it has remaining while it is still mine. As a less spec with just under 100k miles recently flew on eBay for £21,000, I am not in a rush to lower my price.

Thanks

Alex

Gallery;
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgKDBbY9ItZOgpMp...iYmSA?e=f9D1fu

Nice car good luck with the sale. You will regret selling it as it drives off from your house.
    1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
    2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
    2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

Very nice Alex you know am a fan. Wish I had a spare 12k I’d snap yours up but I don’t think the wife would agree me having nearly 2 identical cars lol!! GLWS.

Comment

Originally posted by 4WDrifter View Post
        Nice car good luck with the sale. You will regret selling it as it drives off from your house.
        I am already regretting it mate, but I have spent too long thinking about it - so I figure I am doing the right thing.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonys2 View Post
          Very nice Alex you know am a fan. Wish I had a spare 12k I’d snap yours up but I don’t think the wife would agree me having nearly 2 identical cars lol!! GLWS.
          You are completely biased Anthony!

Thanks though matey!

Comment

Originally posted by anthonys2 View Post
            Surely she'd appreciate the matching reg'n. no.s Anthony?!

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rhys View Post

You are completely biased Anthony!

Thanks though matey!
              Lol no worries Alex, sometimes its the venture and fun sourcing the parts. Just sourced 2 obsolete parts for mine and I have been gathering parts over the last 6 months in prep for its full body respray in 3 weeks time. Mines defo a keeper the attention my car gets and you'll be the same is just unreal! Don't do it!!

Comment

Originally posted by mackenzie50 View Post

Surely she'd appreciate the matching reg'n. no.s Anthony?!
                It would certainly be the rarest couple of cars i reckon!! I have to admit i was tempted to buy Martins cricket green S2 a few year back ut resisted

Comment

Just added a few pictures at work today, albeit a bit dirty from last nights rain. I don't ever remember my old ABY being this good on fuel!

Still, just a cheeky bump to show its in daily use and not missing a beat!

Ps. Check the gallery link in the first post! *ThumbsUp

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rhys View Post
                    I want £12k for the car and would not entertain any offers. The intention is to just get through the very issues it has remaining while it is still mine. As a less spec with just under 100k miles recently flew on eBay for £21,000, I am not in a rush to lower my price.
                    So I am going to completely eat my own words here as I have an opportunity to pick up a car that I have always wanted at a price I can not pass on.

I am open to very sensible offers on the asking price.

I have forgotten to mention that the car came to me with a spare set of catalytic converters and a set of original S2 alloys with legal tires.

Thanks!

Comment

PM sent
                      Stuart
                      B2 90 quattro with boost

Comment

Electric rear pop-out windows!!

I cannot believe I missed these out!

Comment

Engine pictures also added!

Sorry for the spammed updates!

Comment

Provisionally Sold.

Thanks Guys!

Comment

Thanks again Alex. I’ll take good care of her. Pleasure to have met and dealt with you.

5hr journey home now back to the North East.

Cheers
                              Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Stuart
                              B2 90 quattro with boost

Comment

Working...
                              X