Panther Black S2 Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panther Black S2 Avant

Hi folks, putting my S2 up for sale (also on eBay). I've owned the car for the last four years - bought from a fellow forum member (mikeS2) - who's sadly no longer with us. You can easily find earlier threads related to the car via the search for what was done before I bought it. Love this car but was always more of a heart over head decision owning the car - I honestly don't need it - have only done around 5k miles in the four years I've owned it. It's a car I want more than need but need to simplify my life.

Had planned on this being a keeper but life changes - not long after I bought the car lockdown hit, moved house, work from home now etc - just don't have the time to maintain and drive the car so need to be realistic.

The car is completely standard! - one of the reasons I bought it and was glad to keep it this way. Only non original part is the the Bilstein B6 front shocks (simply because original Boge shocks are no longer available).

Relatively low miles for it's age at 122K. Mechanically all good - bodywork is very tidy (roof a bit scratched) but the rest is good. I recently had 2 grand worth of paint done which included 2 new front wings - fix to the rear quarter (bubbling paint) and bottom of the doors - looks great. Boot lid was repaired by previous owner so all in a very good rust free car. Underneath is reasonable but if I were keeping the car long term and I'd be doing a full refresh underneath.
    • Cat 1 Meta alarm and immobilizer with remote central locking
    • Panther Black (looks sort of dark grey in certain light)
    • Quattro embroidered logo on the seats
    • 4 vredestein tyres with plenty tread
    • Factory Sunroof
    • Diff lock (regularly tested on a gravel car park)
    • Service book stamped until it went off the road in 2007 - has been regulatory serviced since recommissioned around 2017 by previous owner then myself
    • Original 5 spoke diamond cut alloys (including spare)

MOTd till 8th February 2024 (passed with 3 minor advisories).

I've been round the NC 500 a few times with the car - and a 2 week trip up north last year with Kayak on the roof. Drives sweet and sounds as it should, gearbox is slick, turbo is good - it really is a good honest car.

Things done in my ownership:
    • new Bilstein B4 front shocks
    • New suspension top mounts
    • New genuine front wings
    • New bottom door rubbers all round
    • New badges front and rear
    • Any visible rust dealt with as part of painting front wings and rear quarter
    • Regularly serviced by me every year - including coolant flush every two years with original G11

Bad bits
    • Rear passenger door won't open (this literally happened as I was cleaning the car for sale!)
    • Interior door card fabric is coming away - has got worse over winter so needs sorting soon - headlining is okay though)
    • Recently had an issue with the alarm going off (which I think is related to the interior light) - still looking into this
    • Dials are very slightly starting to peel (common issue)
    • Windscreen delaminating at the bottom corners (never got round to getting it replaced)
    • Alloys showing white worm - mostly on the front - so would benefit from a refurb
    • Slight rip on driver side seat bolster
    Extras
    • set of 4 AVUS 16 inch alloys (with good tyres)
    • spare turbo (unknown condition but was told was good when it came with the car)
    • Modern Bluetooth hand free stereo
    • Set of Cruz aero roof bars
    • Replacement VDO gauge faces
    • Sunroof seal (good used condition)
    • Spare genuine handbrake cable
    • Factory dog guard/net

Looking for 10k or nearest offer - very reasonably priced for age and condition - priced to sell.
    Car is located in the Clyde Valley, Lanarkshire - just off the M74 - not too far from Glasgow / Edinburgh.
    Viewing welcome by prior arrangement.

Please keep in mind this is a 30 year old car - it's not concourse condition - it's in good condition for age but will have wear and tear as with any car this age.
    No warranty implied or given - sold as seen.

Let me know if you have any questions!
    Thanks for looking!

Attached Files
    Last edited by Steve770; 20 March 2023, 00:31.
    93 S2 Avant - SOLD
    94 80 V6 Saloon
    00 S3 8L - SOLD

I remember meeting Mike at Castle Coombe for the 2018 meet. He had driven down from Scotland the night before in this car and I had a really good look over it as I needed reference for my Nothelle re build. A very early Avant and a good sound example. Good luck selling
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

That's a really nice car at a good price! Surprisingly low mileage.
      Carbon trim is unusual on the early Avants too.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
      sigpic

Comment

GLWS

Comment

Can't imagine it's gonna be around for long at that price

Comment

Thanks guys - will be sad to see it go.

Deposit now taken! Due to be collected on Saturday.
            93 S2 Avant - SOLD
            94 80 V6 Saloon
            00 S3 8L - SOLD

Comment

That was quick. Someone got a bargain

Comment

what a bargain price!
                - 1995 BLACK S2 ABY

Comment

Working...
                X