No announcement yet.

1996 S6 Avant Automatic For Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did a round trip from South London to the border with North Wales yesterday. Fast, comfortable and fuss free, I felt fresh when I returned, despite choosing some nice Shropshire A roads on the way back instead of dual carriageways. This is what the S6 was designed to do, and my reason for selling it is that it’s wasted for most of its time, just burning fuel around London. However, interest hasn’t been great. Whether I’m asking too much (I certainly am if you relate it to the figure that polishing frenchman was asking for his excellent looking S2 Avant recently) or if it’s just a car that only suits me and no-one else, I don’t know, and I’m not sure I care. I’m not interested in selling it too cheap, so I’m happy to park it up and just use it for out of town trips. The Autotrader ad is going to close soon, but if anyone here is interested at some time in the future, contact me and I might let it go.

Comment

Originally posted by seant View Post
      I did a round trip from South London to the border with North Wales yesterday. Fast, comfortable and fuss free, I felt fresh when I returned, despite choosing some nice Shropshire A roads on the way back instead of dual carriageways. This is what the S6 was designed to do, and my reason for selling it is that it’s wasted for most of its time, just burning fuel around London. However, interest hasn’t been great. Whether I’m asking too much (I certainly am if you relate it to the figure that polishing frenchman was asking for his excellent looking S2 Avant recently) or if it’s just a car that only suits me and no-one else, I don’t know, and I’m not sure I care. I’m not interested in selling it too cheap, so I’m happy to park it up and just use it for out of town trips. The Autotrader ad is going to close soon, but if anyone here is interested at some time in the future, contact me and I might let it go.
      Its a lovely car, imo, you would have sold it by now if it was a manual...

Not to say that there is anything wrong with the auto, but I think the people who want these want manuals so they can tune them...

(If it was a manual I probably would have come to see it with a view to buying by now!)

I don't think your price is unreasonable, just that it is less saleable as an auto... sadly.

When new the auto was probably more desirable as people wouldn't spend 40k on a car to modify...
      Audi S6

Comment

Yes, you're certainly right about the manual and you'd tear the auto apart if you tried tuning it much though, the truth is, it's still a very nice fast car on real world roads. But I guess it falls between two stools - most Autotrader readers want it in silver with a 200 mpg diesel and most people here want it in manual with 800 bhp!

Comment

If I had the money..... :-(
          Anthony Birch

sigpic

www.audireflections.co.uk

Comment

if this was manual i would be on route to pic it up
            deferentially slower to sell a car like that than the manual sister.
            HOWEVER if i was after an auto then of course the car is as good as sold.
            im after a big estate with towing power but i want manual as ive had auto for a few years now and fancy a change.
            i had a urs4 (as in my avatar) and sometimes regret selling that but it was getting on a bit (K reg) and at the time it seemed like the thing to do.
            buttttttttttttttttttt for £2000 id still be on my way up?????

Comment

Working...
            X