No announcement yet.

stunning S2 Avant with RS2 upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might be a cat C but would you find a better one in the market today? Think you may struggle and this guy looks after his motors look at the RS2 he had

Comment

Cheers, and yes all the RS2 parts alone make it a pretty well-worth S2 Avant.

Besides that it's a great condition bodywork and mechanical. It drives so lovely.

Comment

Originally posted by Avantus View Post
        Cheers, and yes all the RS2 parts alone make it a pretty well-worth S2 Avant.

Besides that it's a great condition bodywork and mechanical. It drives so lovely.
        Fair play... I thought it drove well when I looked at it, that's before you tinkered with it.
        Must drive really well with any issues addressed

Comment

It drove fine but was far from perfect for me.

I'm only done when I dare to get in the car for a 3000 mile roadtrip without any fear. The car is now on that level for me

Comment

Up...

RS2 parts alone are worth a fortune. But this is way to beautiful to start breaking.

Comment

I was set to buy this before when it was for sale but didn't get in in time. If I hadn't bought my rs4 id be all over this is a beauty

Comment

Its too expensive with that CAT C marker on it , yes its got rs2 stuff on it and it could be broken... but 9k's worth ? bearing the mind the shell isn't worth a carrot in the uk , I say either sell in europe or RE shell and stick it up for 10k (paint the shell a nicer colour too)

Id pay 7 for it if you have any interest in that , if not GLWS
                NOT a car dealer! just an S2/RS2 enthusiast

Comment

It's worth the price, cat c or not. It needs advertising on more sites. With the price s2 ' s are going for 7k is too low. You would easily make that in bits

Comment

This is the way how it should be done a sale thread!!

Good luck with selling

Comment

Originally posted by david1980 View Post
                      It's worth the price, cat c or not. It needs advertising on more sites. With the price s2 ' s are going for 7k is too low. You would easily make that in bits

Forgot to add IMO
                      NOT a car dealer! just an S2/RS2 enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by audinut View Post
                        Its too expensive with that CAT C marker on it , yes its got rs2 stuff on it and it could be broken... but 9k's worth ? bearing the mind the shell isn't worth a carrot in the uk , I say either sell in europe or RE shell and stick it up for 10k (paint the shell a nicer colour too)
                        (IMO)

Might be a lovely car, but is still a cat c. This means different things to diffetent people. To most people, a cat c is not worth as much as a car with no such "history" - me being one.

GLWS - Europe would deffo be a way round it...
                        Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
                        S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
                        '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

I've seen and driven quite some S2's (and at least 7 RS2's), and apart from those rare fully bare shell restored projects it doesn't get much better than this one.
                          Mechanical, bodywork, RS2 goodies, mileage (genuine), history, ...

And you actually do feel the difference imo between one that has done 60k versus 120k. It's a lovely drive..

But I'm selling it, that doesn't make sense does it?

Comment

Just had a house (with garage, weep) fall through. This would be something that would tempt me back to S2 ownership if I could house the damned thing.

My tuppence worth is the Cat C doesn't matter squat to me. I would base my opinion on how it drove. How many RHD S2 Avants are there left? More importantly, how many are there left in this condition? Not sure you buy a car of this age and performance with any eye on what possible future purchasers might make of it. We all know the thing will bleed you dry of much more money than any kind of depreciation.

Good luck with the sale. If my storage circumstances change, you can expect a call from me. It looks lovely in every way.

Comment

Go on Andrew buy it. Join the emerald green avant club. It's not a bad club to be in lol

Comment

Haha, i need no encouragement chris. I immediately thought of yours when i saw this. Would be cool to have an avant in the same colour as my coupe and i could do a nice sideline in funeral transport

Comment

Working...
                                X