stunning S2 Avant with RS2 upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by audinut View Post
    if anyone has the right idea they will re shell it with this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2720890888...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

and potentially have an interesting car for sale
    Really?? I like the fact that the OP's car has paperwork to back up the story, re-shelling into that damaged one is a lot of work to have the same car?....basically.

Comment

I agree, it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to re shell it. It's far more desirable in its current condition.

Comment

Originally posted by c4S6 View Post
        May I ask what colour this is? It's a damn fine looking example!

I don't think it's the Ragusa Green that I've seen on a few RS2's, but I'm not entirely sure. I think that one may be darker.

Anyways, if it's a driver you are after does the "real RS2" really matter??

GLWS! If it weren't a postal carrier edition, I might pick it up.
        Too bad you Brits drive on the wrong side of the road.
        Emerald Pearl, looks beautiful when polished up like this. Lovely lovely colour.

Comment

Back up for sale

The buyer had seen the car, was amazed by the condition and loved it 100%, gave a small deposit, and now says he has not enough funds...

the second time on the same car... third time right time I guess??

Anyway, it's sitting nicely cleaned waiting for a new owner...

Comment

sorry to hear this but you must be making small fortune on deposits LOL
            Got The Horsepower???

Comment

Hah well I wish I would have! :O

Comment

Hi Avantus Pm'd you.
                thx
                Cathal.

Comment

id say it was top money for a listed car, marker makes a difference it will always be a damaged repaired car,no matter how good the repair .

the colour is great for a s2 wrong for a rs2 rep

front seats kill it

its a nice rep but at that money id rather save and buy a rs4 or save and buy a proper rs2 even if it need restoration

Comment

I'll get my popcorn........

Comment

Originally posted by moroccanish View Post
                      id say it was top money for a listed car, marker makes a difference it will always be a damaged repaired car,no matter how good the repair .

the colour is great for a s2 wrong for a rs2 rep

front seats kill it

its a nice rep but at that money id rather save and buy a rs4 or save and buy a proper rs2 even if it need restoration
                      Everybody has the right for a personal opinion

But condition + mileage is what counts in my book, certainly with these cars, and fact is that they dont get much better anymore than this one in my opinion. And i've seen and driven quite some s2's and rs2's over the last 8 years

A genuine 65k miles car is something you do feel when driving it.

Comment

I'm afraid I also have to voice my opinion...

A car with a CAT marker is worth less than a 'similar' car without a marker. This is not an opinion, it is a fact. The market dictates the "market value" and the market value is less for a car with a marker...

The opinion comes whether someone is willing to put up the money for a superb looking, fantastic driving car, genuine low miles, with no mechanical issues...

This is personal choice and opinion if it is worth it to you, knowing that you may be paying over the market value for the car - but.... getting a nice car for you to drive yourself...

Now I'll get my coat...
                        Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
                        S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
                        '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

It's like the opinion is that a car can not be properly repaired and as new after an accident

a car with 50 parking dents, 20 scratches and scuffs, leaking oil and water everywhere surely is thebetter choice then indeed

Comment

This is a 'For Sale' ad if I'm not mistaken. I don't think it's fair to the guy selling here to open a debate about the value of Cat C/D cars etc. He's an Audi fanatic and his RS2 looked absolutely incredible. If he wants 9 grand for his car then that's fair enough. Give the guy a break.

Comment

The car is worth how much someone is willing to pay... and there's always right buyer somewhere out there if you're willing to wait
                              Got The Horsepower???

Comment

I think the repair looks done perfectly and shows the car was well cared for

Seats are not a big issue as those can easily be replaced
                                1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Working...
                                X