• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacing the 2.5 V6 tdi for a AEL with quattro

Is it possible without too much hassle?
    Audi A6 AEL 5cyl Quattro breaking.
    Audi A5 3.0tdi Quattro Stage 2

jepp.. it will fit in the car... some isue with the elektric wire.... i have a pal who have doen that...

Comment

Could you ask him detail please

Comment

Originally posted by K7ERG View Post
        Could you ask him detail please
        there is a bloke on here who put a AAN into a b5,said it was a frigging nightmare.I would have thought the length of the engine will cause a few issues

Comment

Spink thinking of replacing the 2.5 v6 tdi for a 2.5 5pot tdi in a A6. I can get a full running AEL from a mate. Just wondering how hard it would be to do.

Comment

Spink thinking of replacing the 2.5 v6 tdi for a 2.5 5pot tdi in a A6. I can get a full running AEL from a mate. Just wondering how hard it would be to do.
            yeah i know,the main problem you have is that the a4 engine bay is tiny.The guy had to either move or modify everything to get it to fit so you will have to do the same with an ael which will be a fair bit of work i would say,nice idea but 'without too much hassle' i wouldnt have thought so sadly

Comment

i cant tell you about the wirering issu; sorry for that; and does you have the DM elywheel, change it to singelmass , and the other clutch kit..... the engine will fit in the bay, and on the tranny; the easyest way; have the donor car where you take the engine from.. then you have all the bits and wiring....

Comment

you will loose the front pannel, fans, bumper, radiator and mounting points etc etc etc

and also wiring is a propper ball ache and the A4 dash is like a christmas tree as it thinks the engine and brakes are missing!

be my guest but i worked on my car every morning and every night EVERY day in my garage i run for 3 months to get it running lol
                1993 URS4 Avant Emerald Green 350+bhp
                1991 Ford Sierra Sapphire 4x4 in Magenta
                BoooOOOSSSSSTTTT BANG BANG CHIRP CHIRP

Comment

the imoblizer on the AEL is also complex and not easy like the S2 ABY stuff, may also be ran through the clocks like an A4.

engine cradles also proved dificult for me, and mine was also a 2.5tdi so i know ALL about what your thinking of doing

Comment

A6 Not A4
                    RS 2 580HP

Comment

same difference in my eyes.

Comment

Working...
                      X