Can you disable factory alarm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you disable factory alarm?

Got woke up at 6.30 this morning with the sound of the alarm going off on the 80 tdi, not very welcome thing to happen on a Sunday morning (Dont think the neighbours were too happy either). I pulled the battery lead on it so I could get back to sleep (which dodn't happen BTW).

Central locking not working either now, which I beleive is all connected. I had lent my Vagcom to a workmate for his S6, so it's sitting on my desk at work. I'll bring it home tomorrow to try to fix it (great excuse to use the S2 tomorrow )

I've searched on here and other forums and cant find if there is a way to disable the factory alarm using vagcom. Has anyone done this before?

Cheers.
    1996 Audi S6 Avant.
    1994 80 TDI - Daily Driver

Central locking and standard audi alarm are on the same fuse.

The standard alram can only be armed if you you are locking and unlocking the car via the key in the drivers door.

If you have an aftermarket alarm then just use that fob or fit a cheap locking kit that uses a fob

Comment

Thanks, I've pulled the fuse now until such times as I can get vagcom and more time to look at it.
      1996 Audi S6 Avant.
      1994 80 TDI - Daily Driver

Comment

80's factory alarm does not talk to vagcom.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
          Central locking and standard audi alarm are on the same fuse.

The standard alram can only be armed if you you are locking and unlocking the car via the key in the drivers door.

If you have an aftermarket alarm then just use that fob or fit a cheap locking kit that uses a fob
          Mine only Arms/Disarms when locking from the Pass side or Tailgate, Driver side no worky....

Le Mans 2012
          Nurburgring 700
          1995 S2 Avant

Comment

i have exactly the same problem off the battery and
            after no alarm and ir remote.
            Did you solve the problem?

Comment

Hi. Very old thread but since the battery was pulled to change a starter motor every time I open a door now the factory fit alarm goes off and I have no central locking. Is there some way to disable the factory fit alarm or resetup the keys which have been without batteries for years. Thanks

Comment

Ah I think I have found the issue. The central locking pump failed. Anyone have a spare pump?

Comment

Working...
                X