Oil Problem :-L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Problem :-L

Well, another problem : the car hasn't been driven for 2-3 days and i found a small oil spot under the car and when i looked under the bonnet i saw oil in the circled spot there (beneath the hoses, on the engine block but far above the oil filter). What can be done? :-s. Thanks in advance !

Could it be a leaky oil pressure switch

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

Could well be the oil pressure switch - its a £5 to £10 part depending on the quality that you want.

Mine has just failed, and a lot of oil was lost as a result.

Can be a pain to get at though.

Good luck with it.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. I'll see what i can do. Someone adviced me to change the oil dipstick cover (don't know the exact term) since I don't have an original but a homemade one (the original one was brittle and was cracked). Can this be a cause?

Can you post a picture of the oil pressure switch?
        Last edited by Xtremer; 16 November 2014, 10:50.

Comment

Depends how high above filter.
          Is it above the pressure switch?
          My Tdi switch leaked but it was lower one, so it dribbled down the filter and onto the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by Xtremer View Post
            Thanks for the quick response. I'll see what i can do. Someone adviced me to change the oil dipstick cover (don't know the exact term) since I don't have an original but a homemade one (the original one was brittle and was cracked). Can this be a cause?

Can you post a picture of the oil pressure switch?

There are a couple of points where you can get an oil leak in that area.

I would suggest making sure you have a good amount of oil in the car. Clean around where the oil appears to be coming from. Then keep an eye on that area with the engine running to identify exactly what is leaking.

Here is a picture of my oil pressure switch.
            Attached Files

Comment

Here are some pictures. I can't figure out much
              http://postimg.org/gallery/3f9ac1gm4/bd47b744/

Comment

Wash the engine while is COLD. After that let it dry out. Start it and see where's the leaking coming from. You have a rubber oring between oil bracket and oil/antifreeze cooler. Get's brittle in time and it won't seal .
                Audi S4 2.2T 5 spd 1992 for parts
                AUDI A4 1.9TDI daily use

Audi 80 Quattro 2.0 16V (ACE) aka Competition

Comment

Working...
                X