No announcement yet.

Short Shifter Group Buy - Here!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just installed the kit. It's a nice drivers mod.

It reduces the throw from 3 to 4 by 30 mm more or less. Definitely makes a nice difference going through the gears.

Shifting is clearly heavier. This was expected because the fulcrum is moved closer to the top of the stick. But I also probably over-tightened the the bolt at the bottom of the stick making it heavier still.

Great instructions Martyn!

Comment

I didn't have the special pliers for the snap rings.

I just got some wire and threaded loops through the small eyelests at the ends of the snap ring. Then you can graps the wire loops and open up the ring.

I did the same thing getting the new snap ring back on the stick.

Comment

I couldn't locate any snap-ring pliers either, the spotty teenager in my local hardware shop looked at me as if I'd asked him for something in Klingon.

I ended up using a pair of screwdrivers to lever the nodules apart and up out of the groove, then just slid it up the shaft (so to speak).

I think I may have not tightened the bottom bolt quite enough as I was guarding against the warning in the instructions of having it too tight and stiff (as it were).
        Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

Originally posted by dan_b
          You could still install it, but just sit behind the wheel and pretend - accompanied by lots of suitable noises
          91 Modded 3B
          14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Originally posted by dan_b
            I
            I think I may have not tightened the bottom bolt quite enough as I was guarding against the warning in the instructions of having it too tight and stiff (as it were).
            Never comes out just perfect does it?

Comment

installed my short shifter .probably the best buy for a rs2, very easy to install with MartynF's instructions.(takes about 30 minutes)

i dint believe it will work at the beginning cause was expecting linkages etc, but it works amazing.specially 4 to 5 is weird

i love my short shifter

this is a must to all audis .....
              Quattro

Comment

here is a pic during inst.
                Attached Files
                Quattro

Comment

Excellent guys!! real pleased you're all as happy as I am with this, glad the fitting guide is helping too.

Martyn
                  Martyn
                  -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by timucin
                    here is a pic during inst.
                    What kind of automotive project does not include a beer!?!?!? At least a few empties...
                    Dave K.
                    USA
                    1991 e//S2 (home built S2 - the only way to get one in USA!)
                    2001 S4

Comment

Just got woke up by a bloke at the front door holding a parcel for me .

Its here, that was quick, just got to find the time to fit it now.

Great service.

Mark.
                      Mark - Modded

Comment

to those who have fited their short shifter.....

Have any of you tested to drive the car after???
                        Does the short shifter reduce shifting time when you shift from gear to gear?

or is it just for the look?

ABT C5 Lord Of The Rings
                        2004 1/4 Mile ET 12.00 191Km/h @1,5Bar
                        2009 1/4 Mile ET 11.92 213Km/h @ 1,5Bar 437WHp
                        2010 1/4 Mile ET 11.45 110Km/h @ 1,5Bar 437Whp
                        kostic.nu

Comment

Ordered mine a couple of days ago & can't wait.
                          I had one on my Corrado and it was fantastic. That was a complete b**** to fit & yes you did have to remove the cat & heat shield from below to free the mechanism
                          So fitting this to the RS2 should hopefully be a breeze by comparison
                          Glyn

Ex-Polar Silver RS2
                          Sprint Blue RS4 - new toy :mischeif:

Comment

Mine came today as well - great service
                            S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Does this make 1st to 2nd any easier on the 6 speed box?
                              ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

Just fitted mine, what a difference, the gears are a lot closer. The change is still notchy, but thats a characteristic of the six speed box.

Sid, first to second is the same, just a shorter throw.

I did Martyns reverse lockout mod and it works perfectly, in fact better than it did before as the old bearing assembly was shagged and had fallen apart, it was easy to select reverse instead of first.......I just got used to it.

Well pleased, thanks to Richard for the kit and great service and thanks to Martyn for the reverse lockout mod.

Cheers,

Mark.
                                Mark - Modded

Comment

Working...
                                X