No announcement yet.

SPM rods - a 2nd group buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this groupbuy going for real? I'm intrerested in a set....
    RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
    RS2 RS blau - stock 315 HP
    Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
    High Octane website

Comment

Has anyone fitted and got any feedback from the first batch of these rods? i.e did they fit ok, balanced properly etc etc.

Cheers

Russ
      Old Stuff Reborn.

Comment

Check out the dyno vid, sounds like a black&decker

http://www.hilmersson-racing.com/bil..._bromsning.mpg

Originally posted by Billman
        I think he also has videos of the car and the engine!
        91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
        93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
        94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

spm custom cranck are made in scottland. thats for sure.im asked him when i visiting him.......

Comment

That's mad. The EM was glowing pretty bright!!

As for the group-buy:

I never made a 2nd buy, a few ppl PM'd me but needed rods on a time-limit so I wasn't gonna recommend it. I'd still go ahead but 40 rods (8 sets for 5cyl) are needed to get the 20% off price.

Albert fitted his rods to a custom crank and had a few issues. I think he needed to machine down the big-end width by a tiny amount.

Johnny Has fitted the rods, has been running in his engine and had no issues so far.

I have the rods fitted too, absolutely no problems when rebuilding, I asked for any feedback on the rods at the time as this was a particular concern. Currently the engine is running 100% for 1,500 miles, only putting 320ft/lbs through them at present though.

If there were enough interest I'd be willing to help out on another buy, though if anyone else want's to go ahead and take the lead on a buy they can be my guest. never realised a group-buy could be so demanding!! LOL.

Cheers
            Ross

Cheers
            Ross
            AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

Another update on this, had a quick chat with Grant @ AET. His mate has fitted 4 Golf engines out with SPMs from the group buy, no problems, but hasn't ran any serious power.

However, he's looking for another couple of sets so if anyone was stil interested in the GB then I'd need 6 more interested. Also, if anyone has a set of SPMs and isn't so keen to fit them now then Grant will buy 'em off you @ purchase price... he promises that if these things have a limit then it will be found with this next project
              AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

Count me in i'll take one set for 3B engine

Comment

My SPM rods fitted with no problems to my ABY.
                  I'm running close to 400hp at the moment, i'll surely want more later..

Big thanks to Ross arranging the 1st group buy ..

S2 Coupe fully built.
                  10.9 1/4mile 0-100 in 3.5secs
                  Precision 6262 turbo
                  The Green Monster

Comment

Working...
                  X