No announcement yet.

Group buy: VDO boost gauge in BAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• our three gauges havent arrived >: have they been sent?
    Andreas Lundstroem
    A4 STCC Avant -04
    Audi /S/2/ Sedan -94

prev.
    Audi /S/2/ Coupe -91

Comment

• Originally posted by HPmuirt View Post

along with FRED you were the last 2 to order an RS2 and S2 respectively (the original shipment was two short).

Hopefully you will receive yours tomorrow morning

Cheers n

Si
      Gauge things come to those who wait....

I'll look out for it. Cheers Si

Grant.
      1988 ur - weekend toy...
      1994 S2 avant - weekday toy... gone... in many pieces...

MK7 Golf GTI

Comment

• All gauges and gauge holders were sent out on the 15th August, except Igress and FRED's who's gauges were sent this morning.

laser avant s2's gauge should have arrived the next day, but I guess if Jonas and CoupeGT's only arrived today in Denmark, then maybe the postage takes that long to Sweden as well

Please let me know if they do not arrive by next Monday as I have the postal receipt and will as at the post office if they can be tracked.

Has everyone else got theirs now?

Cheers n

Si
        95 ABY S2 Coupe - Ragusa Green
        Subtle mods here and there

2011 A5 3.0 TDi - Lava Grey
        With every option available (except a towball)

Comment

• Yeah, some kind of tracking number would be excellent!
          Andreas Lundstroem
          A4 STCC Avant -04
          Audi /S/2/ Sedan -94

prev.
          Audi /S/2/ Coupe -91

Comment

• Originally posted by HPmuirt View Post
            All gauges and gauge holders were sent out on the 15th August, except Igress and FRED's who's gauges were sent this morning.

laser avant s2's gauge should have arrived the next day, but I guess if Jonas and CoupeGT's only arrived today in Denmark, then maybe the postage takes that long to Sweden as well

Please let me know if they do not arrive by next Monday as I have the postal receipt and will as at the post office if they can be tracked.

Has everyone else got theirs now?

Cheers n

Si

Received mine on Saturday. Thanks Si for sorting this out.

I had a good look at the gauge and was chuffed to find it a near identical match to the existing 3 dials on my car. The screws/needle centre were even the same design & colour!

It was fitted to the car yesterday by Nathan of APS in Brackley, whilst the car was having its service and check over ahead of the 'Ring trip this coming weekend.

Nathan managed to fit it to the centre vent and still have full working operation on the vent open/close valve. It required using a jubilee clip to mount it to the pod and not using the pre supplied mounting bracket.

However, I would like to improve on the pre-supplied bulb unit - if possible. Nathan found that this extends so far out the back of the gauge unit that it snags on the air vent flap. So, at present I'm happy to leave it out, baring in mind it could be quite bright, quite high up on the dash whilst driving at night.

In an ideal world, I would like to get it working with an on/off switch as others have previously done on this thread. Can anyone suggest where/how I could find another shorter bulb unit that would fit the VDO gauge but not protrude out the back much to keep the flap working?

Thanks again Si for an excellent GB!
            RS2+ (now sold...)

Comment

• Originally posted by lgrees View Post
              Received mine on Saturday. Thanks again Si for an excellent GB!
              Good news, glad it arrived and thanks for letting me know.

Now just need to sort out what happened to the 3 gauges sent to Sweden and I can close the lid on the 4 most painful GB's in history....never again I tell you, never again

As for the bulb, I changed mine to LED's and found an old holder kicking about to use. I think that the aperture size is pretty standard for that size bulb, so you should be able to find one that fits. Don't know whether any would be shorter though

I fitted a switch to mine (another reasn for using LED's to lower the current flow) and used an ABS switch in the switch panel below, as the ABS switch is the only one not used in a late ABY, so I now have the full compliment of switches

Cheers n

Si

Comment

• No news on these? Andreas has paid for 3 of these (two for me and erixon and one for himself) Something must be up with the shipping company?? I mean snail mail is an expression but I'm thinking about using it ?? Don't say that you used parcelforce or something??
                2004 9-5 aero
                2009 Subaru Legacy Diesel
                1994 Toyota Supra Eurospec 6-spd LHD
                3-4 Audis in parts

Comment

• Mine arrived Si was delivered to the neighbours and they decided to keep it on the window sill for a couple of weeks (for some reason old couple nice of them ) looks good... will get round to fitting it at some stage... appreciate your efforts buddy
                  S2 + RS2 yep ive had a few love em... Laser red S2 avant... Brilliant black lhd RS2... Polar silver RS2... RS blau RS2... CheeRS Al

Comment

• YEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!

I mean I love my Elin but I also love you Si <: and I LOVE MY 'EFFIN GAUGE AS WELL!!!!!!!!!!

Basically we both got screwed by royal 'effin mail? <:

I'm going to the garage to install my ****!!!!! <: prosty & erixon needs to PAY UP!!!! or I'll install all three of these without feeling sorry for them <; <;
                    Andreas Lundstroem
                    A4 STCC Avant -04
                    Audi /S/2/ Sedan -94

prev.
                    Audi /S/2/ Coupe -91

Comment

• i am in need of the gauge metal pod.are there any left?

Comment

• Well... I've now installed my gauge... and i must say... it looks ¤%!#¤%!#% sweet <: so so nice... very pleased... I'm a happy panda! <;

I saw that some ppl questioned the accuracy of the gauge? earlier in this thread... I can't say anything for sure but at least mine shows the same as my previous boost gauge so for me everything looks dandy <:
                        Andreas Lundstroem
                        A4 STCC Avant -04
                        Audi /S/2/ Sedan -94

prev.
                        Audi /S/2/ Coupe -91

Comment

• Phew....good news Andreas

I am on my last day of hols in Italy and have finally managed to log on.....I was dreading it as I was fearing that your gauges would still be MIA and that I would be going home to start WWIII with my local post office.

Glad you are happy with the final result, especially after the long wait and I hope your friends pay up soon, although I quite like the idea of triple boost gauges, just for the pose. Maybe you should do it to wind them up

Cheers n

Si

Comment

• Mmm Boost gauges... Is there any prospect of another group buy???

Phil
                            SOLD !

Comment

• Would be interested in one as well.. if a new GB was to happen again.
                              Audi S2 -1994 | 480 Hp 650 Nm | FlexFuel | MaxxECU | 3" Stainless | Porsche GT3 Front Brakes
                              http://www.garaget.org/?car=52877

Comment

• This gauge looks perfect and stylish fits very well in an interior. I've got this gauge as well. The question is: is the same style fuel pressure gauge available for RS2 (white). I asked Gerd - no affirmative answer yet.
                                Audi RS2 600 hp
                                Audi S2 1200 hp
                                MB 230E '83
                                https://www.facebook.com/ventracing.lv/

Comment

Working...
                                X