Eurospec conrods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eurospec conrods

I am doing a rebuild on mine next month and I am buying some Eurospec rods for it!!! Does anyone want to come in on a group purchase of these? The list price is $825 plus tax and shipping. I can get them to the UK with duty and everythng paid for about £450. They have offered a discount for more sets ordered but no exact %age reduction as yet until I give them some numbers.
    sigpic
    Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
    Audi UR Quattro
    Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
    Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
    Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Tom...I'll have a set for when I bend the Carrillos

I wish you'd found them earlier mate..I could have saved myself a few quid.
    91 Modded 3B
    14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

What are the specs of them? Torque limit? Do they have the oil feed?

Tom - what else are you changing? Do you need to get the crank balanced when you change rods?
      S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Originally posted by Doug_RS2
        What are the specs of them? Torque limit? Do they have the oil feed?

Tom - what else are you changing? Do you need to get the crank balanced when you change rods?

Errrrrm, Doug, I can feel the "force" taking you down the $$$$$$$lippery $$$$lope
        '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
        info@MRCTuning.com
        Workshop Directions

Comment

Originally posted by Mihnea
          Errrrrm, Doug, I can feel the "force" taking you down the $$$$$$$lippery $$$$lope
          Yeah, Doug for God's sake man! never mind the rest of this year, it's only been 2 days!!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
          sigpic

Comment

I just want info on them - I did say I wouldn't modify my car for the rest of the year- that doesn't include another engine that might end up sitting in my garage

Mihnea - would changing the rods on my car mean you can give me more boost/torque with my current setup? What power/torque/ boost figures - assuming I had a tubular exhaust manifold?

Comment

Originally posted by newsh
              Yeah, Doug for God's sake man! never mind the rest of this year, it's only been 2 days!!
              Exactly....someone once said " speed costs money, how fast do wanna go"

Comment

Originally posted by Doug_RS2
                I just want info on them - I did say I wouldn't modify my car for the rest of the year- that doesn't include another engine that might end up sitting in my garage

$$$$lippery $$$$lope.... $$$$2??? Doug_R$2?

Mihnea - would changing the rods on my car mean you can give me more boost/torque with my current setup? What power/torque/ boost figures - assuming I had a tubular exhaust manifold?
                Yeah, if you manage to get a tubular EM that's a lot less restrictive than an RS2 unit and do some porting on the turbo's hot side (or install a #10 hot side but they're feckin expensive, only MTM have the rights to sell them, I think I've heard something like 750 euros for one!!!!!!!:wacked: :wacked: ) in order to make it more free-flowing, I guess we can try to push things above 450, but you'll need to lower CR a bit in order to do this, I'd say around 8.5:1 should be fine...

Cheers,

Mihnea
                '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
                info@MRCTuning.com
                Workshop Directions

Comment

Oi, dont hijack my thread!! LOL. Dont you want a set or not?
                  Not sure about the oil ways etc, I can email them again and ask some moe questions if you have any. They come with ARP bolts and use the std shell bearings.

http://www.eurospecsport.com/Connecting%20Rods.htm
                  sigpic
                  Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                  Audi UR Quattro
                  Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Originally posted by audiman
                    Dont you want a set or not?
                    Not just now - unless my engine goes pop this week

Comment

Most aftermarket rods come without the oil drilling. It's likely to be a cost option. They may advise that it will weaken the rod or the design will be different to accomodate it.
                      91 Modded 3B
                      14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

All I know is that the rods use the std shell bearings in them and come complete with ARP bolts. Do you need the oil drilling

I will phone them up tomorrow night and speak to someone over in the USA and get all the details on them, cant imagine that they designed a rod for our engines that isnt any good??
                        sigpic
                        Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                        Audi UR Quattro
                        Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Tom - how soon could I get a set? Next week? I'm still thinking - can you email your cost breakdown of parts you are doing? How much are the bearing shells? How much are the piston rings? Cheers Tom.

Comment

Tom Any details?

Comment

I may be interested in a set if you can get the longer rods required for a tdi stroker block. Can this be done? Thanks, des.

Comment

Working...
                              X