No announcement yet.

Eurospec conrods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am going with Pauter, due to eurospec not getting back to Tom and the good reputation the Pauter rods have.

Marco (pisobiker) got a good quote for custom stroker rods from Pauter.

Justin Olsen(on here) is getting mine cheaper than Pauter quoted.
    S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Yeah, I'm going with Justin as well.
      Only need a week or so for carefully checking my 2.5L block, crankshaft and my 20V ADU spare head to make sure for precyse dimesions, then I'll go ahead with the purchasing.

Ciao

Marco

Comment

Originally posted by diesel des
        I may be interested in a set if you can get the longer rods required for a tdi stroker block. Can this be done? Thanks, des.

Des, I'm doing exactly this. Will get Wiseco's with the right dish for the CR I need and 155.9mm conrods to suit the taller Tdi block.

Marco

Comment

Marco, how much do the 155.9mm rods Pauter make cost from Justin for the TDI block? Also What CR do you hope to run on your strocker. 8.5 seems ok too me. What price and spec are you getting for the pistons. Thanks.

Comment

Des,
            Justin offered to manage both. He quoted 850 U.S. $ for the Pauter custom specs rods and 650 $ for the Wisecos + 125 $ for theyr coating.

I was planning to go around 8.6 - 8.7:1 CR for which I'll need about 10 cc more dish volume on top of the pistons. I'll have the precise numbers after the hardware inspection will be done.

My calculations on rods lenght supposed I was using same compression hight as OEM pistons (but I'll have Ø 22 mm pins). Will check again cylinder hight although I think a 0.1mm error will be acceptable, making only for about +/- 0.06:1 CR change.

Marco

Comment

Marco, thanks for the info! I would still like a slightly lower at 8.5:1. Compared to say a high output ford Cossey turbo engines the 8.5:1 still seems high as they run 7.5 when over 400BHP. The slightly lower CR will help when running on stock fuel and not megga expensive super+additive. I think 500BHP should be very reliable with a tdi blocked 20V with a 0.5mm overbore and good rods and pistons. Would you agree?

Why are you going for a 22mm rod pin? Do the 20mm ones give problems at this sort of output? I have never heard of Wisecos pistons. I will do a search on the net. What is the special coating. I had some pistons coated with a ceramic material by CTG in england once. Looked like a good job, but the engine dropped a valve shortly after and smashed them up so I cant say how well they would of lasted.
              .:wacked:
              Thanks again

Comment

Well Des, Wiseco is probably the best known manufacturer for high performance pistons here in Italy. In the latest years JE showed how good they are too, and in some applications I heard of people giving preference to the latter ones.
                AFAIK coating of pistons has become a pretty common practice even on stock engines, expecially on the latest very high output Tdi engines.
                Coating usually should consist of two different materials:
                - molybdenum or other low friction on the skirt;
                - ceramic on the crown (to give better adiabatic properties to the piston, which concur to give less termal loads on the piston and rings + better use of combustion energy).

About CR, I was trying to find best compromise between off boost responce and top end performances. Take into account the 400 Hp on the 2.0L "Cossye" means 200 Hp/liter, which makes 500 hp on the 2.5L engine. Anyway I don't know how good and sophisticated theyr OEM engine management is compared to the Audi one, but ours is capable of very fine tuning of fuelling and ignition advance which, in conjunction with the two knock sensors, allows high output with high CR while providing good detonation protection. Other ECUs might not have these features which force working far away from knock, for logical safety reasons.

Another thing to consider is unless you plan to run extremely high boosts on mid rpms, 98 ron fuel with a proper electronical tuning I think should be fine up to 1.9-2.0 bar boost on a 8.6-8.7:1 CR, which in the 2.5L engine could mean something around 650 Nm.
                650 Nm @ 6000 rpm equals to slightly over 550 Hp......

Marco

Comment

forgot to mention the "pin" issue:

Pauter directly suggested going to a 22 mm pin.
                  My specs asked for conrods and pistons able to withstand 600-650 Hp and 750 Nm of torque, and Pauter answered theyr ones would have taken 800 Hp

Marco

Comment

rod bore 48mm right?
                    Quattro

Comment

Advise: leave the eurospec rods where they are!

BTDT

Jeffry
                      RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
                      RS2 RS blau - stock 315 HP
                      Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
                      High Octane website

Comment

Working...
                      X