Tubular EM - Group Buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by audiman
    How much for the DP and SQ manifold then mate? PM me with a figure! I could also take that wastegate pipe off you aswell in the deal.
    LOL, just thinking aloud, what I want and what I can have are two different things.
    But if others get this manifold and have good results I will consider it, and try to finance it all by selling those bits, but only after I've sorted out the inlet side with the new manifold when its ready and available.

You got first refusal Tom .

Mark.
    Mark - Modded

Comment

Any further updates on these EM's.... im impatient so thought i'd ask whilst im still in the spending mood before it goes back to the

"Oh **** what have i done" stage

Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
      2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Originally posted by S2 Ant
        Any further updates on these EM's.... im impatient so thought i'd ask whilst im still in the spending mood before it goes back to the

"Oh **** what have i done" stage

Well, I thought one of the others on email distribution to the interested parties might be posting it here, but I guess that includes me. Here's an email I got from Hap McGuire, who's coordinating this for the end users in the U.S. I don't know how this relates to people in Europe/U.K.

Ken

<begin quote>
        Guys

Here is the latest from Rich and RS Tuning. I'm all over this one. Instead of 10 individual crates I'm going to suggest 1 crate with all 10 shipped here to Evergreen. Between Dave and I we have 6 of these and Michael has 2. We'll handle the shipping to the 3 of you. How does that sound? Let me know what you think and I'll pass along the dimensions when I get them. My reponce to Rich included the question about fitment for the urQ.

Hap
        Date: 2004/05/12 Wed AM 09:36:38 EDT
        To: hap
        Subject: New quote from RS Tuning

Hap,

---
        > Hej !
        >
        > Vi kan tillverka grenrören i tryckrör enligt
        > önskemål,vi kan även bygga i
        > två olika grovlekar.
        > Priset för 10 st grenrör i svartstål är 7100:-
        > MVH Ronnie
        >

---

Ronnie writes:

We can make the EM's in high pressure tubing (My
        comment: I think this is the same stuff as Hacke
        uses.) We can produce them in 2 different diameters.
        The price for 10 units is 7100 SEK per unit. (My
        comment - He will specify the dimensions tomorrow.)

Rich

PS - Neither of these guys is interested in packing
        and shipping these individually. They want to send
        them to me in bulk and have me deal with it. I was
        afraid of this. I guess I can get someone to make 10
        crates and I can have a shipping company pick them up.
        You can give me the details on which company you want
        to use.

These doods don't take Paypal. You can Paypal me + the
        Paypal surcharge and I will pay them. As long as it
        can be handled electronicsally, I have no probs with
        it.
        </end quote>
        Kenneth
        1990 Coupe quattro
        1991 200q20v x 2
        1985 4ksq 20vt project
        1986 Coupe GT 10vt project
        2006 Honda Ridgeline
        1998 Honda VFR800FI

Comment

Update - Thur 13 May

What has been happening?: I was asked to get a quote from RS Tuning for mild steel. I got it. Now I have been asked to request a quote for different quality of stainless steel.

The Americans account for 10 by themselves. I don't know which way they will go just yet but they may be leaning towards RS Tuning.

Comment

Originally posted by 91_S2
            What has been happening?: I was asked to get a quote from RS Tuning for mild steel. I got it. Now I have been asked to request a quote for different quality of stainless steel.

The Americans account for 10 by themselves. I don't know which way they will go just yet but they may be leaning towards RS Tuning.
            As for me I'd like to find out if these will work in my Type 85 engine bay. I think the Hacke version is a bit sexier (really they both are eye candy), but the RS Tuning one looks more compact.

I think I prefer the high pressure pipe option over stainless, just because I'm paranoid about such a precious piece cracking under street use.

I prefer the lower price of the Hacke version, and overall if it fits I'd be more inclined to go that way. I think I like the idea of it being enthusiast-built, but then again having a tuning shop behind the product would be cool too.

Basically it would be pretty cool if the header was cheaper than an RS2 EM, so it becomes an decision of economics and motor-saving.
            Kenneth
            1990 Coupe quattro
            1991 200q20v x 2
            1985 4ksq 20vt project
            1986 Coupe GT 10vt project
            2006 Honda Ridgeline
            1998 Honda VFR800FI

Comment

Suggestion

I am pretty tied up on the supplier end. How about somebody on this forum polling interest for the Hacke EM. There may be 5 people already.

Just an idea.

Comment

Im very interested in the Hacke EM and dont mind seeing how much interest there is.

I'll start a 2nd thread about it.

Could you provide me with some contact information or links so that i am able to try progress this please.

Thanks
                Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
                2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Originally posted by S2 Ant
                  Im very interested in the Hacke EM and dont mind seeing how much interest there is.

I'll start a 2nd thread about it.

Could you provide me with some contact information or links so that i am able to try progress this please.

Thanks
                  Gr8 Ant-

You have a private message.

Comment

RS Tuning GP - officially closed

The RS Tuning group purchase is officially closed. The final tally was 12 EM's.

Comment

Working...
                    X