Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3B Hose Kit - Who wants it ?

I've finally decided to do these with Samco for three reasons:

1. Better the devil we know than the one we don't (for custom work) - I have the personal contact and history with Samco on this stuff

2. Tooling costs will be cheaper as one (maybe two) tools from ABY kit can be re-used

3. The supposed advantage with people buying direct from SFS is no longer valid, so there is no benefit that way - each option will be a 'group purchase' kind of dea

All I need is a show of hands from those 3B owners who would want a kit - in the colour of their choice. Based on ABY experience I expect price to be under £200 but this will be confirmed after Samco set to work on a survey of the original 3B pipes.

It will be several weeks before I get firm price estimates, and I don't need deposits yet, but the quicker I do get them, then the quicker I can light up the first 3B bulk order.

Thanks,

Paul
    Paul Nugent
    Webmaster http://S2central.net
    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Put me down...what is the time frame for completion, payment, etc.?
    Darin
    1989 Audi 80tq

Comment

Time frame could be 4 weeks turnround on the tooling quote, then 6-8 weeks for the sample set, then 8 weeks for the 1st batch to be made.

I'd hope to use the time for the sample set to collect all funds for the 1st batch - that will minimise delay so that we are ready to go as soon as the sample set is fitted (to Mik's donor car) and we OK everything.

Paul
      Paul Nugent

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

How many hoses are we talking about? Which ones? What would they cost to replace as a standard part?
        Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

There is another point for samco - quality - The inside of the aby ones are a matt rubbery finish - not a shiny slippery silicon - these are not going to slide/pop off turbos or IC - If the SFS kits are the same as the seperate hoses they sell, then I don't think they are as good as samcos.
          S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

I'd like a kit please Paul! Dark blue if poss.

But..

The car is coming apart for the upgrade to RS2 spec soon now.. Will the standard 3B kit still be relevant to me?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Doug_RS2
              There is another point for samco - quality - The inside of the aby ones are a matt rubbery finish - not a shiny slippery silicon - these are not going to slide/pop off turbos or IC - If the SFS kits are the same as the seperate hoses they sell, then I don't think they are as good as samcos.
              Agree with doug, I'm running just under 2 bar boost and havent had a problem with my samco hoses blowing off.

Comment

i'd only need the cold side to intercooler and the small piece for the connection to the IM as i have samco hose on the two other sections...this going to be possible or do i need to order a complete batch?

Cheers,

David
                sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Dave - you'll also need the link hose from the turbo-intercooler to TBV and I dare say you'll want a matching MAF hose !

Partial kits will be possible, but I'd like to minimise them as it makes for a more complicated order that increases the risk of me or Samco making a faux-pas.

Do you have two straight sections of Samco between the intercooler and pressure pipe ? The lower one should be an 'accordion' hose to take abuse from engine movement - thats what I'll get Samco to copy - should be damn close to that hose from the 200TQ parts that Samco already have.

Cheers,

Paul
                  Paul Nugent

Comment

ok Paul, then i'm in for a set

Cheers,

David
                    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk
                      ok Paul, then i'm in for a set

Cheers,

David
                      I've been in sales too long !

Paul Nugent

Comment

nah...... if you were in sales you'd have made me upgrade the intercooler as the original is not compatible with the samcos and a new one would be made of space age materials

David
                        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net
                          All I need is a show of hands from those 3B owners who would want a kit - in the colour of their choice. Based on ABY experience I expect price to be under £200 but this will be confirmed after Samco set to work on a survey of the original 3B pipes.

It will be several weeks before I get firm price estimates, and I don't need deposits yet, but the quicker I do get them, then the quicker I can light up the first 3B bulk order.
                          I am interested in the hose from the crossover pipe to the throttle body, and perhaps one from the MAF sensor to the turbo if it is made. Mostly the first one tho', since it's under pressure and mine is stock. Actually, I could use two of those I think. I need something for my other 3B w/Wagner intake, to go onto the throttle body with a hole for the ISV. My color preference is the classic Samco blue.
                          Kenneth
                          1990 Coupe quattro
                          1991 200q20v x 2
                          1985 4ksq 20vt project
                          1986 Coupe GT 10vt project
                          2006 Honda Ridgeline
                          1998 Honda VFR800FI

Comment

Yep, can you put me down for a blue set too please Paul
                            Keep missing all these threads, must get on the computer more!!!

Cheers,

Chris
                            Cheers,

Chris

Silver S2 Avant : Sold

Comment

Originally posted by newsh
                              I'd like a kit please Paul! Dark blue if poss.

But..

The car is coming apart for the upgrade to RS2 spec soon now.. Will the standard 3B kit still be relevant to me?
                              Paul
                              If the answer to this question is not known at this time, I'll have the kit anyway, I can always sell what I don't use.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X