This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16-pin OBD plug for S2/RS2

I have ten female OBD plugs that are surplus to requirements. They have chassis / panel mounting points which make them perfect for the footwell location but you could also install in around glovebox or ashtray area as you wish.

The main advantage of these over the factory 2x2 plugs should be obvious for anyone who has ever needed to plug Vcds or a code reader into their car.

I am happy to sell them for what I paid plus cable and a token amount for wiring them up - they need a special crimp tool that most folk won't have. The raw kits can be found individually on fleabay for 3-4 quid but I am providing a made up cable that just needs wired up to factory loom positions. I will post "how to" instructions here of course. I expect something like 50cm cable length will suffice - anyone can shorten or extend from that.

I expect price to be in region of 8-10 quid including uk delivery but i need to confirm that.

Two of the ten are claimed already as follows -

01 - rjscotty
    02 - newsh

Please add your name if interested and they will be allocated on 1st come 1st served basis. I will follow up with PMs for paypal and shipping address etc
    Paul Nugent
    Webmaster http://S2central.net
    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

01 - rjscotty
    02 - newsh
    03 - dahli7376
    Paul Nugent

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

UrS C4, 200 20VT (3B) and S2/RS2 OBD1 Fault Code access port locations

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
      I have ten female OBD plugs that are surplus to requirements. They have chassis / panel mounting points which make them perfect for the footwell location but you could also install in around glovebox or ashtray area as you wish. The main advantage of these over the factory 2x2 plugs should be obvious for anyone who has ever needed to plug Vcds or a code reader into their car.
      So this would be like the 1997 model year UrS6s, when Audi went with a 16 pin "OBD2"-style plug, located on the console, as shown here:

While this 1997 UrS6 plug looks like an OBD2 plug, it isn't actually OBD2 compliant (no C4 UrS4/S6 was OBD2 compliant). The actual pin-out is something like this:

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/90409.phtml

If I could figure out where to mount one, I would buy one Paul.

Last edited by UrS4boy; 9 January 2014, 02:03. Reason: Stupidity
      RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
      94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

I don't want to split hairs about OBD vs official OBD2 compliance on such early cars as ours but yes the 4-way pinout shown in the 12V link is correct here.
        Paul Nugent

Comment

01 - rjscotty
          02 - newsh
          03 - dahli7376
          04 - macspring
          05 -

Comment

I have ten female OBD plugs that are surplus to requirements. They have chassis / panel mounting points which make them perfect for the footwell location but you could also install in around glovebox or ashtray area as you wish.

The main advantage of these over the factory 2x2 plugs should be obvious for anyone who has ever needed to plug Vcds or a code reader into their car.

I am happy to sell them for what I paid plus cable and a token amount for wiring them up - they need a special crimp tool that most folk won't have. The raw kits can be found individually on fleabay for 3-4 quid but I am providing a made up cable that just needs wired up to factory loom positions. I will post "how to" instructions here of course. I expect something like 50cm cable length will suffice - anyone can shorten or extend from that.

I expect price to be in region of 8-10 quid including uk delivery but i need to confirm that.

Two of the ten are claimed already as follows -

01 - rjscotty
            02 - newsh

Please add your name if interested and they will be allocated on 1st come 1st served basis. I will follow up with PMs for paypal and shipping address etc
            Please excuse my ignorance.I dont know how to fault code read these audis
            but want to learn and dont want to miss out on this if its going to give me an advantage to use on the following cars.If ideal add my name please.
            LATE 1994 80 b4 2.6 ABC
            MARCH 1997 C4 2.8 30V ACK?
            URS6 1996/97 plus spec
            1999 final edition 80 Cab 2.8

Cheers Mark.
            96 URS6 plus speck saloon
            96 URS6 plus speck estate
            94 2.6 80 Avant
            99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

01 - rjscotty
              02 - newsh
              03 - dahli7376
              04 - macspring
              05 - mac2226

Comment

Originally posted by voursch sprung dirch View Post
                Please excuse my ignorance.I dont know how to fault code read these audis but want to learn and dont want to miss out on this if its going to give me an advantage to use on the following cars.
                I am not sure if you have a Check Engine Light (CEL or MIL) that is yellow and comes on when you first turn the ignition to run (before you hit start). If you do, you can use this procedure:

http://www.sjmautotechnik.com/troubl...f20v.html#fcs4

"Mysteries" of the CEL/ Air Bag/Seat Belt warning light panel"
                http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/258624.phtml

Comment

Paul.

I will take one please

Thanks

PAUL

Comment

I'll have one please

Comment

I will also take one - I will send a PM also regarding something else

Comment

I don't want to split hairs about OBD vs official OBD2 compliance on such early cars as ours but yes the 4-way pinout shown in the 12V link is correct here.
                        Paul: I wasn't suggesting for a millisecond that any of the C4 UrS4/S6 were anything but OBD 1 (or just OBD). However, for some reason, Audi decided to switch from the fault code access plugs in the 1992-94 UrS4 and 1995-96 UrS6 under hood relay/fuse box to the console in 1997 with an OBD2 style plug.

1992-94 UrS4 and 1995-96 UrS6:

1997 UrS6 (looks OBD2 but really one OBD1):

Comment

I will take one aswell Paul

Cheers
                          95 Coupe Kingfisher ABY

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                            1997 UrS6 (looks OBD2 but really one OBD1):
                            This was only for certain markets like US, European cars came without 16pin plug

Comment

If there's any left then I'll take one

Comment

Working...
                              X