No announcement yet.

Aluminium radiator group purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody fitted one of these to a coupe and have any feedback?
    sigpic
    1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
    1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
    1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

• Originally posted by AndyP View Post
      Anybody fitted one of these to a coupe and have any feedback?

Got one in mine
      Think I put some pics in my project thread
      Have a look

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
      sigpic

Comment

• Vidar— I need a quote for one
        for my b3 coupe. No auxiliary cooler
        and need one with factory mounts and
        one that will perform right in extreme
        Florida heat. PM me please

Comment

• Got some nice 86 mm special for you maybee .. sendt you a message

Comment

• Originally posted by AndyP View Post
            Anybody fitted one of these to a coupe and have any feedback?
            Don't forget to add the import tax I got a bit of a surprise when I bought mine think it worked out an extra £40

Comment

• Vidar- I would like to get alu-radiator offer:
              1x slightly bigger that fit stock location with air con A 200 20V with aux. rad. connection, similar to 443 121 251 AA (615mm)
              1x slightly bigger that fit stock location with air con A rs2/aby with aux. rad. connection, similar to 893 121 251 S (480mm)
              1x that fit NM/7A A coupe quattro NO aux. radiator connection: thickness more than 56mm but max 65mm, wide 380 - max 400mm, high 480mm + tank up/down, max height total 565mm); similar to 893 121 251 F

Please PM your email address and phone number.

Comment

• I am super interested in an Aluminium radiator for my 1995 S2 ABY, I have removed the aux radiator and I would also like to get better cooling than the stock radiator, as Im getting up to 105 - 115 degrees atm. I have coolant flushed it already.

Is this a straight swap also?

I have money waiting PM sent!
                Thank you in advance!
                Chris

Comment

• Massive thank you to Vidar! Radiator arrived! its undamaged, well packed. Just the import charges were a bitch! Almost 1/3 cost!!

Massive thank you, will fit and let you know how it goes!
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris5044 View Post
                    I am super interested in an Aluminium radiator for my 1995 S2 ABY, I have removed the aux radiator and I would also like to get better cooling than the stock radiator, as Im getting up to 105 - 115 degrees atm. I have coolant flushed it already.

Is this a straight swap also?

I have money waiting PM sent!
                    Thank you in advance!
                    Chris
                    I have the aux deleted as well but don't have this kind of temperature on coolant. The fan kicks in about 93 ish I didn't seen more that 98 and thats on maxxecu on dash is doesn't go more than 90. Driving on motorway or a long run it drops to 80. I hope your problem is gonna go away with the new rad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Costash View Post

I have the aux deleted as well but don't have this kind of temperature on coolant. The fan kicks in about 93 ish I didn't seen more that 98 and thats on maxxecu on dash is doesn't go more than 90. Driving on motorway or a long run it drops to 80. I hope your problem is gonna go away with the new rad.
                      Hey thank you, thats very kind to say, will see what can be done! thats handy info to know! thank you for sharing

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris5044 View Post

Hey thank you, thats very kind to say, will see what can be done! thats handy info to know! thank you for sharing
                        Now you’ve got a little work to do, marking and drilling the holes for the fan shroud and attachment points. When you’ve drilled the holes it’s good to go round with a file and take the sharp corners off the brackets.
                        I have one of these on my coupe. It’s been good for a few years now.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Just to add, I had to modify the chassis to allow the radiator (the larger version 70mm) to fit using the side mount. (I drilled out a slot into the chassis next to where the old slot was )

Also the fan housing does not sit flush to the radiator and so I must come up with a sollution to closing up this gap.

Comment

Working...
                          X