Replacement Dash Speakers - Group Buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Mark,

Yeah sure, can you PM me your full name/delivery address and just confirm exactly what you want to order i.e. Focal 100AC (that's the 4" front dash speakers) and I will respond with my PayPal details.

I hope that's ok.

Thanks
    Yaz

Originally posted by treebirch View Post
    Hi Yaz,

That sunds great, I'm keen, let me know as and when what I need to do.

Many thanks,

Mark
    1992 Audi 100 2.8 Quattro
    1993 Audi Cab 2.3
    1995 Audi URS6 Avant
    1999 Audi S8 D2 FL
    2005 Skoda Octavia Elegance Variant TDi
    2012 VW CC BlueMotion Tech DSG

Comment

• http://www.focal.com/en/utopia-be/77...053754031.html

utopia 130mm .. though its a 5" .. not a 5"25 ... or is 5" actually a 5"25???
      as I've seen the same figures been mentioned across both descriptions.. really confusing .. the F out of the reader.

Its called the
      "13 WS Be
      5’’ Utopia BeĀ® subwoofer" on the site

Will this fit in this setup? anyone got any new info on a good focal rear solution? I dont think I saw any 5.25"'s

Comment

• Hi Chris,

The 'Utopia' range is the real high end for Focal and might be overkill and certainly very expensive! I can get them for you no problem if you want, but you will almost certainly need to run an external amplifier to warranty having them.
        I would recommend the Access or Expert series personally.

Thanks
        Yaz

Originally posted by Chris5044 View Post
        http://www.focal.com/en/utopia-be/77...053754031.html

utopia 130mm .. though its a 5" .. not a 5"25 ... or is 5" actually a 5"25???
        as I've seen the same figures been mentioned across both descriptions.. really confusing .. the F out of the reader.

Its called the
        "13 WS Be
        5ā€™ā€™ Utopia BeĀ® subwoofer" on the site

Will this fit in this setup? anyone got any new info on a good focal rear solution? I dont think I saw any 5.25"'s
        1993 Audi Cab 2.3
        1995 Audi URS6 Avant
        1999 Audi S8 D2 FL

Comment

• Guys, I need at least one more order for the fronts to get the second run of the GB going.
          Please let me know now if you want to join in.

Many thanks
          Yaz
          1993 Audi Cab 2.3
          1995 Audi URS6 Avant
          1999 Audi S8 D2 FL

Comment

• Hey Yaz, what is the price of a "basic" 13cm set for the rear please? I could be tempted....
            The Perfectionist
            sigpic
            Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

• I'm interested in a front and rear set...still seeking clarification on whether a rear set is available from within the focal range though...

Comment

• All fitted, had to cut three of the tabs as I just couldn't get them in! Fitted with the old spade connectors they are a bit loose but should be fine in place. Tried them out and the sound is amazing!

I would be interested in a set for the rear of the coupe too if a size is available, however how difficult is it to fit the rear? I assume it's a door card out situation
                1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

• I'd be grateful if someone just pointed out the correct size.

Comment

• The correct rear size for the coupe is 13cm. (5.25"). BUT, they will need custom installation because the OEM speakers are a "twist fit". You will need to make some MDF rings to mount them to. See the links I posted above...

HTH
                    The Perfectionist
                    sigpic
                    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

• Im defo interested in rears then -- ones Iv'e posted

Comment

• Just fitted front speakers!! very easy to fit! You have to break off 2 of the 4 side plates. then its a straight swap. Only one screw needed per speaker.
                        The side plate that doesnt use a screw slides into a slot embedded into the dash material and the connections are a bang on fit. You can re-use the same grill cover. These speakers (new ones focal). seem beefier.
                        I did even have reasonable alpine ones before, which I discovered. They are still better than standards. They'll be up for grabs soon too. Just need to work out a price. Thx Yaz for the great service and work matey!!
                        Very kind of you to do!

Comment

• Hi Chris, spot on with the report mate. They are excellent speakers.

Glad you like them and you are more than welcome!

Many thanks
                          Yaz

Originally posted by Chris5044 View Post
                          Just fitted front speakers!! very easy to fit! You have to break off 2 of the 4 side plates. then its a straight swap. Only one screw needed per speaker.
                          The side plate that doesnt use a screw slides into a slot embedded into the dash material and the connections are a bang on fit. You can re-use the same grill cover. These speakers (new ones focal). seem beefier.
                          I did even have reasonable alpine ones before, which I discovered. They are still better than standards. They'll be up for grabs soon too. Just need to work out a price. Thx Yaz for the great service and work matey!!
                          Very kind of you to do!
                          1993 Audi Cab 2.3
                          1995 Audi URS6 Avant
                          1999 Audi S8 D2 FL

Comment

• Hi Yaz, my finances have started to improve (Mrs back at work after a years' worth of maternity) so my first treat is going to be some of your 4" dash speakers. What do I need to do?
                            Cheers
                            Russ
                            Old Stuff Reborn.

Comment

• Hi Russ,

Glad to hear it mate. Ok, if you PM me your delivery address then I can will do the rest for you.

Thanks
                              Yaz

Originally posted by RustyNut View Post
                              Hi Yaz, my finances have started to improve (Mrs back at work after a years' worth of maternity) so my first treat is going to be some of your 4" dash speakers. What do I need to do?
                              Cheers
                              Russ
                              1993 Audi Cab 2.3
                              1995 Audi URS6 Avant
                              1999 Audi S8 D2 FL

Comment

• Morning peeps,

I will be placing another order this week, does anyone else want to jump in?

Thanks
                                Yaz
                                1993 Audi Cab 2.3
                                1995 Audi URS6 Avant
                                1999 Audi S8 D2 FL

Comment

Working...
                                X