1990 CQ 7A acquired that has not been started for 3-4 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 CQ 7A acquired that has not been started for 3-4 years

I want to save a black 1990 CQ that is essentially a barn find. It has 95,000 miles and has not been started for 3-4 years. Body is in great shape. The engine bay seems pure stock. The oil looks good. All fluids are there.

I am making some progress in bringing it back to life. I took the plugs out and poured some Marvel Mystery Oil in each hole. I hand cranked the engine about 10 times. The car powers on, the fuel pump buzzes and the starter turns the engine quite slowly.

I am thinking about replacing the starter next. What does everyone think about the next 3-5 steps?

Thank you!!

3 to 4 years isn't that long. Petrol will be stale mind. Before swapping the starter, check the battery connections for corrosion and the earth to body plus the starter connections and the earth strap on the starter to solenoid. Is the battery good?
    Next on list will be cambelt, water pump, anti freeze and new belts. Fresh oil and filters etc.
    Sounds like an exciting find
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Did you fit a new battery? If it's been left for a few years it will not be healthy, even if charged.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
      sigpic

Comment

Drain tank, check for cleanliness, new fuel filter. New battery and then check that mickey mouse hasn't chewed up any wires. It should at least attempt to fire up.
        1993 UrS4...aka the rocket powered living room

Comment

Working...
        X