Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about the CV from the Ford Scorpio?

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
      get the proper one off Rob
      Doubt very much whether Rob will still have these Alex as the last time he mentioned them was over a year ago, hence my post.
      For what this cost me so far I could have bought an S2

Comment

• I can still get them.. just put one on my a6 c4 tdi quattro
        Rob..
        94 RS2 Noggy,LHD,MTM map,18"cup 1s,245/35/18,Bilsteins,RS2 H&Rs,Cup splitter.
        87 UR 20v ABY
        97 S6 Avant
        96 A6 C4 2.5 TDI quattro avant,Ming,Wietec/eibach,chipped
        1967 Ford Mustang,Eleanor,460ci v8

Comment

• Whats the price then Rob ?
          Have you got a pic of one and can confirm (again) that this is the right one and not some ECP/BMW/QC hybrid !

How does the 034 one compare in stiffness etc ? Listed at under $60 even with shipping would come in cheaper Not being funny Rob just being a tight a***e thinking I can save around £25 squid !

Comment

• Now $46.80 + shipping

Comment

• 034 one dosent look right to me. Not had one to look at.
              Price will be around what I said before. Not $46! tells me again it isn't correct..
              No ECP/BMW/QC hybrid here!

Rob..
              87 UR 20v ABY
              97 S6 Avant

Comment

• So I did order a Meyle propshaft bearing for the BMW but Meyle does not sell these anymore so got the Febi/Bilstein item. This was for my 90 quattro type 85 btw.

Since I had to replace the clutch on my car I thought I would fit the bearing just because the propshaft had to come off anyway. Well I did not fit it since it's a sloppy item as has been described on here. After 30 years the OE item felt more substantial than the new BMW part!

I think I will fill the back of the rubber with some Sikaflex and fit it at a later date. Keeping the OE item as a spare as I read comments about the BMW part being noisy.

For my other 90 and 4000 quattro I would like to order the Powertrain Industries item, where would be the best place to order these? Maybe a GB would be worth it?
                https://www.powertrainindustries.com...17if7r9434nr31

Comment

• Filled the sloppy BMW (Febi) propshaft bearing, this should stiffen it up:
                  Attached Files

Comment

• So whats the latest on the center bearing, any suppliers of decent parts rather than the BMW one? I found the original unit has the part number 8A0-521-113, and with a bit of searching i found an Audi A8 one 4D0-521-113 which looks right on this page http://www.propshaftrepairs.com/audi...ef-4d0-521-113 Anybody know for sure?

Found some new CV joints with the correct boots, Mapco part number 16056 for an Alfa 145/146/155/156/166/GTV/Spider. Probably fits a Granada too
                    Attached Files
                    91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
                    93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
                    94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

• Rob do you have a picture of yours? I'm curious to see it and who the supplier is?
                      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

• Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
                        Rob do you have a picture of yours? I'm curious to see it and who the supplier is?
                        Why? So you can find them direct? Took me ages to get to the source.
                        Rob..
                        87 UR 20v ABY
                        97 S6 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by mcandmar View Post
                          So whats the latest on the center bearing, any suppliers of decent parts rather than the BMW one? I found the original unit has the part number 8A0-521-113, and with a bit of searching i found an Audi A8 one 4D0-521-113 which looks right on this page http://www.propshaftrepairs.com/audi...ef-4d0-521-113 Anybody know for sure?

Found some new CV joints with the correct boots, Mapco part number 16056 for an Alfa 145/146/155/156/166/GTV/Spider. Probably fits a Granada too
                          Those CV joints look good and are only €30 I see online. Would be good to know the dimensions of the A8 centre bearing part and compare that to the S2 item. Anyone got an OEM S2 bearing to measure?

Comment

• Originally posted by GT500 View Post
                            Why? So you can find them direct? Took me ages to get to the source.
                            Lol OK I hadn't realised it was all secretive...

So can we presume there is a healthy margin on them then if its a single source and single seller, I can imagine that would be the only reason to keep it all hush hush
                            sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

• Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
                              Lol OK I hadn't realised it was all secretive...

So can we presume there is a healthy margin on them then if its a single source and single seller, I can imagine that would be the only reason to keep it all hush hush
                              Not a healthy margin but the supplier only deals with trade companies. If I sort a few for the fellas on here then I get a nice warm feeling that I helped.
                              I have sent them all over the world and that is harder than you think! Lots of stupid paperwork/phone calls.
                              Rob..
                              87 UR 20v ABY
                              97 S6 Avant

Comment

• I had to go to a man, who knew a man, who knew someone else's man and got this. I think he said its Made in Britain even . I think i pm'd GT500 ages ago about getting one but don't think i got a response, so i hunted one down myself

Think i must have piled a 1000 miles on already with no issues.
                                Attached Files
                                1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X