X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by terrybullwon View Post
    8A0819165 gasket has now gone NA at the stealers
    The gasket on the original covers looks the same

I could have re-used the old one but didnt know it was there until i had it apart.
    Attached Files
    91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
    93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
    94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Nice write up! Been thinking of doing this mod for a while since I saw Jas change his pollen filter -first time I’d seen one - and thought it a good upgrade (mainly to stop all the crap getting down into the heater blower) and it looked like a straight swap. In the meantime I ended up using some of the metal gauze / mesh used in body repair trimmed and fitted behind the existing grill (which had additional great holes in it to take the shut off flap with during the installation of the dealerfit aircon, now removed). Seems to work quite well for now as I was so sick of pulling leaves and other herbaceous specimens the blower! Will look to sort it properly now tho!

Incidentally, interesting to see from the photo in the 2nd post the slot in the side of the original intake housing for what looks like the green blower speed resistor. Not seen that before and sure mine doesn’t have it – the resistor sits much lower on the side of the blower assembly by the power connections iirc. Obviously slight modifications over the years!

Cheers

Paul
      Trick Pearl White 1992 3B S2 Coupe. Porsche 996 monoblock stopping power! HID Seeing power! Mmmmm Miltek!!!
      Trick Indigo Pearl B5 S4 Recaros, Bose , Mmmm Miltek!!!
      sigpic

Comment

great stuff.....will have to do mine once the weather warms up a bit
        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Nice mod - one quick tip:-

When you refit the plastic plenum cover make absolutely sure that the rubber seal at the base of the windscreen is sitting on top of the plastic - it usually ends up trapped under the cover, allowing water into the fan housing & causing wet carpets on the passenger side.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by terrybullwon View Post
            8A0819165 gasket has now gone NA at the stealers
            Get it from vagparts .
            David

'91 3B S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by S2_Dave View Post
              Get it from vagparts .
              The stealers called Saturday and left a message.... Your gasket is here
              So its not NA!

It came in a box big enough to house a badger set
              Chef

Comment

just

did this and it was awailible here
                japanischer industriabfall nein danke!!
                www.rackeltrim.se Icelandic Division

Comment

Working...
                X