This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
    Nice little guide there Jas - where would I find 2.5" / 60mm threaded pipe / cap?
    I've lokoed at loads of plumbing supplies shops etc and can't see much

EDIT: Speeling it right always helps
    Soory mate, no idea. It's Mikes site.
    I cheated, replaced pressed wishbones and stupidly hard and awful delrin bushes, for cast arms brand new. With them being new they had bushes in them.

Jas..
    2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
    2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
    1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

I got the threaded pipe from a local plumbing trade supplier. Cost was around £10
      Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Mike - i might be off tryign to find something suitable in the morning
        Great guide BTW
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Here Is What I Did Used A Hole Saw KIT TO DRILL OUT THE RUBBER FIRST MADE THE JOB REALLY EASY
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gnutz2 View Post
            Be careful with cheap copy wishbones I`ve had some where the bushes only lasted one MOT
            I have just been through a set of OEM Cast wishbone bushes in 4000 miles!! They were new for the MOT last year. On Friday they failed one side with an advisory for the other...

I am now sourcing some poly type ones to see if they will last a bit longer...
            The Perfectionist
            sigpic
            Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

sounds like an alignment or fitting issue Steve....
              sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
                I have just been through a set of OEM Cast wishbone bushes in 4000 miles!! They were new for the MOT last year. On Friday they failed one side with an advisory for the other...

I am now sourcing some poly type ones to see if they will last a bit longer...
                How did you fit the bushes into the wishbones and was the car on the deck when you tightened up the bolts?
                Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

Bush removal

Hi I am currently refurbishing subframes and wishbones on my Cq. I found a two arm bearing/gear puller with a 13mm socket on the end highly useful for driving out the metal core of the bushes (after drilling the rubber around it).

Paul

Comment

Working...
                  X