Window Relay 363 contact cleaning.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeanG View Post
    Bought and fitted the replacement relay 287 and it's all working!
    That's great news. However, the purpose of this thread is to try and save you from spending your cash on a part that very likely can be fixed. Did you investigate the inerds of the failed 287 module?
    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

I am going to take the old one apart and attempt a fix, as the one on my other B4 is also exhibiting the same symptons.

Comment

Originally posted by DeanG View Post
        I am going to take the old one apart and attempt a fix, as the one on my other B4 is also exhibiting the same symptoms.
        Good man.
        RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
        94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Relay

Dean

Did you mean relay 285 or 287?!

Where did you get yours?

I think this will my issue too, as it hasn't done it since the summer. Funnily when I went to see the car to first look at it, the windows and roof wouldn't work, then later on they did! Hasn't been a problem since.

Rob

Comment

It's relay 287, which can still be bought from Audi UK. I was a bit confused, as the old one was marked 363, but as per the post above 287 is a direct replacement for the older one. The new ones aren't cheap, so it might worth fixing it or looking at eBay. I am going to have a go at fixing the one I took out, as the one in my other B4 is also beginning to play up.

Comment

I took the old relay to pieces and as per this thread the contact points had just become pitted and needed cleaning.

Comment

Thanks for updating the thread with the 'cure'.

Comment

Hey, the co driver window is not lifting up in my B4, it just goes down, now all the way... Luckily no rain this night, but I have to leave the car for a longer time, and don't wan't to leave the window open... Driver side works well. Is the relay the fault?

Edit. Ok, problem solved. The connector to the relay was loose, pressed it back in and the window started working again.
                  Last edited by Thuppu; 19 June 2019, 10:19.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                  Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                  BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                  BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Working...
                  X